Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another conspiracy??
Yet another conspiracy??
I have noticed a half-a-dozen times (including today) over the last few months that the LED on the 3-type gas pumps is dark for the cheapest gas, a 10% (or so) ethanol blend. So, after doing pay-at-the-pump, only 2 LEDs are flashing, both for the 2 most expensive blends. Selecting the non-flashing LED will still activate it.

What gives?? Anyone else experiencing this?
RE: Yet another conspiracy??
No idea, I don't drive.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 17, 2022 at 8:51 pm)Jehanne Wrote: I have noticed a half-a-dozen times (including today) over the last few months that the LED on the 3-type gas pumps is dark for the cheapest gas, a 10% (or so) ethanol blend.  So, after doing pay-at-the-pump, only 2 LEDs are flashing, both for the 2 most expensive blends.  Selecting the non-flashing LED will still activate it.

What gives??  Anyone else experiencing this?

That which get used the most frequently is the most likely to malfunction. As long as the purchase total reflects the amount of cheap petrol pumped, you’re fine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 18, 2022 at 5:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 17, 2022 at 8:51 pm)Jehanne Wrote: I have noticed a half-a-dozen times (including today) over the last few months that the LED on the 3-type gas pumps is dark for the cheapest gas, a 10% (or so) ethanol blend.  So, after doing pay-at-the-pump, only 2 LEDs are flashing, both for the 2 most expensive blends.  Selecting the non-flashing LED will still activate it.

What gives??  Anyone else experiencing this?

That which get used the most frequently is the most likely to malfunction. As long as the purchase total reflects the amount of cheap petrol pumped, you’re fine.

Boru

Being a conditioned species, I wonder many other H. Sapiens are being "forced" to select one of the two other flashing buttons.
(September 18, 2022 at 7:28 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(September 18, 2022 at 5:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That which get used the most frequently is the most likely to malfunction. As long as the purchase total reflects the amount of cheap petrol pumped, you’re fine.

Boru

Being a conditioned species, I wonder many other H. Sapiens are being "forced" to select one of the two other flashing buttons.

‘Forced’? None. Too fucking stupid (or bone idle) to try the non-flashing light or drive to another station? Probably lots.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Another instance, literally moments ago. Two out of the three lit pumps were for the higher priced gas. What would constitute a statistically significant result here?
I have never noticed this.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Maybe it's just an Iowa "conspiracy", but, I remain skeptical in the absence of concrete evidence. Still, I could see convenience stores trying to pull such a stunt on the unsuspecting.
Chevron puts the highest priced fuel button on the left, and the lower fuel costs in descending order, going to the right. They got me ONCE. Caveat Emptor.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 283 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Not Yet R.I.P. Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 36 2703 August 8, 2020 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2323 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  (Yet Another) Tell Us About You Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2667 September 12, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10566 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  It's 7 O'clock. Have YOU Said HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Stimbo Yet? Rhondazvous 43 3933 September 10, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Yet another reality question! RozKek 41 3799 June 9, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: emjay
  Sour Candy Christmas Conspiracy Edwardo Piet 7 1734 December 10, 2015 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Invent your own conspiracy theory! Brick-top 21 7029 February 1, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Losty
  First time I ran into this mass conspiracy junk. Brian37 13 2046 November 23, 2014 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37