Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from another newbie
Hello from another newbie
Hello fellow heathens. I'm just an average nerd/geek that has a good idea of who he is but that has never known what to do with himself. Science fiction junkie. Gamer. Bookworm. Recently started going to cons and got into cosplay a bit. Some of my favorite things include Mass Effect, Blade Runner, Futurama, Cowboy Bebop, The Matrix, Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, The Witcher.... this list would go on forever. I'm big on atmospheric music in things, I like a lot of original soundtracks for the above mentioned. Like I said, big nerd. I recently started outlining a story/universe for a science fiction novel even though I have no idea what I'm doing.

I recently started a new job which is better than the last but it's still "just a job." Not really fulfilling. Recently single because my girlfriend came out to me. Nothing I could see being upset about as I knew she was bisexual going into the relationship and she told me as soon as she realized it. We're still great friends and actually still live together. We're both introverted and not the going out type. I'm trying out in the dating scene again but it's hard being introverted, atheist, and finding someone that doesn't ever want kids.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope to settle in here since places like this are where I do the majority of my socializing.
[Image: edgecrusher02.jpg]
RE: Hello from another newbie
You'd better not be from New Zealand.... Big Grin

Welcome!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 16, 2016 at 6:49 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You'd better not be from New Zealand....  Big Grin

Welcome!

Boru

Nope, I'm in the US.  Tongue

Can I ask why I shouldn't be from New Zealand?  Huh
We've got a few here now (including your Humble Narrator), but one of the long time members - I won't give out his name, but his initials are 'Cthulhu Dreaming' - thinks the board kiwis are plotting some sort of a coup.  

Silly thing, paranoia.   Angel

Boru

(cool nick, by the way.  Makes me think of sunflowers powered by nanobots)
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Those people from NZ are not to be trusted. Even those that sign posts with "boru" Big Grin

Welcome
Poet makes a very good point.

Boru
(May 16, 2016 at 6:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: We've got a few here now (including your Humble Narrator), but one of the long time members - I won't give out his name, but his initials are 'Cthulhu Dreaming' - thinks the board kiwis are plotting some sort of a coup.  

Silly thing, paranoia.   Angel

Boru

(cool nick, by the way.  Makes me think of sunflowers powered by nanobots)

Thanks. I chose this name because I've always been fascinated by the idea of us creating true artificial intelligence. I'm a big Blade Runner fan.
I think it could be argued that in a way humans are sort of just organic machines.
Welcome aboard from New Zealand (bwa-ha-ha-ha!)
Dying to live, living to die.
They're. Fucking. Everywhere.

Welcome from Tennessee!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quote:I recently started a new job which is better than the last but it's still "just a job."

You'll soon learn, young Jedi, that all jobs are just jobs.

Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3034 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 788 September 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 887 September 9, 2022 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Lucian
  Hi from a newbie here TrueNorth 16 1134 August 10, 2022 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another newbie:) Agnostic1 7 864 November 18, 2021 at 10:12 am