Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publishing to Google Play
Publishing to Google Play
Congratulate me!  I actually got an Android program put together, and got it listed on Google Play.

It's of no use to anyone but my students (it allows you to record audio and upload it to my homepage using your handphone).  However, the process was pretty fun, and I think I might put up a couple of the games I showed in other threads.

Does anyone else here have experience with Google Play, and if so do you want to give us a link?
RE: Publishing to Google Play
Benny, you are not restricted by the 30/30 rule, are you?

So share your damn link, I wanna see it Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Did you use android studio?
How did you get it into play store?

Congratulations for the win! Big Grin
Link??
Sorry, guys, the problem is that the app reveals a little more of my personal identity than I want to reveal, including the address of my business which involves children, etc.  BUT I have a Unity-based marble game that I think I can clean up and put live on another account.  Or maybe I should port my atheist space-shooter to Android:

@pool
Actually, there's was a serious hiccup.  I wrote the app last year in Eclipse, then tried to upgrade to the .gradle system in Android Studio this time, and completely blew up the program: native libraries broken, include files missing, etc. etc.  Automatic conversion my ass.  So I rewrote the whole app in Android Studio, and I'm SOOO happy I took the effort, because things are so much nicer now.  When I first tried Android programming, with activities and fragments and all that, I hated it, but this time it was easy and kind of fun.

Getting the app into play store was reasonably easy, actually.  I read that you have to do a lot, but actually, you just have to put up a few screenshots, fill out a self-administered content-rating assessment, and wait about 1-2 hours for it to go online. I think you could literally make a game in Unity and have it online with payment options, in less than a week.
Nice. Good luck to you.
Pop a few apps in there with payment options and you'll be pocketing money :wink:
(May 26, 2016 at 10:27 pm)pool the great Wrote: Nice. Good luck to you.
Pop a few apps in there with payment options and you'll be pocketing money :wink:

I seriously doubt it.

But I have an idea for a popular game: make it the loudest, most obnoxious, flashiest, in-your-face monstrosity anyone's every seen.  Think Duke Nuke 'Em but more so.
Hiya Benny... congrats on getting an app up there  Clap

I did all my projects in Eclipse too, and hated it, so it's exciting to hear that you think Android Studio is much better and worth rewriting your apps from scratch in Smile What's different about it?

When I switched over from Windows to Linux (the first time) I was silly enough to try and back up all my projects by zipping them. It didn't work properly because of the path and filename lengths, so I ended up with many half-zipped projects along with odd standalone files that wouldn't zip... nothing that I could easily restore in one fell swoop Facepalm That was after I'd already put android on the backburner so it didn't seem a big deal at the time... just archive it as much as you can and if you ever need it again, figure out how to put it back together. So anyway even though Eclipse is available in Linux whenever I thought I'd give it another go I just got discouraged, thinking I've gotta copy and paste the code in first and if I'm lucky it'll work, and even if it does then I'll be back to the ever-frustrating world of Android programming in Eclipse and on a small netbook. But now I'm back to Windows and on a powerful laptop and if Android Studio is substantially different and worth starting from scratch in, I think it might be worth giving it a go again Smile I'm kind of fed up with having a useful app on my phone, as the only backup of it, but no easy access to it's source code, so if I could rewrite it from scratch/copypasta it in in Android Studio, that would be cool Smile
I don't really understand the difference tbh. The UID looks pretty much the same.

I think it's good at coordinating libraries, packages, doing automatic updates, etc. etc. and it looks like maybe the device emulator is slicker. When I started in Eclipse, they were on about "fragments" and stuff, and I didn't need any of that. Also, last time when I built my .lame library out of native c, I had to do it in command line in dos. This time, I pretty easily built the whole thing right in Studio. Not sure if that's because of the new IDE, or if it's just because I stumbled on better ways to do things.
My only experience is knowing myself and understanding my imagination was not squashed by those around me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Google artificial intelligence razzes us! Eclectic 11 1683 November 5, 2022 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Eclectic
  Google Argentina's domain name bought by man for £2 zebo-the-fat 2 384 April 27, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Is Firefox quantum really better than Google Chrome? ErGingerbreadMandude 19 3129 November 19, 2017 at 2:31 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Google PlaNET scoobysnack 18 2822 February 27, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  How to master Google Search Heat 12 2406 February 6, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  FIANLLY rid of google's damn shopping tab!! Aractus 17 4157 December 5, 2015 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Google's Mobile-Friendly Test Driving Me Batty: What am I Doing Wrong? Rhondazvous 10 2816 August 14, 2015 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  My android app on google play ! Back up your contacts to Email WinterHold 6 2119 January 4, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Google Project Glass Paul the Human 11 3312 April 7, 2012 at 9:43 am
Last Post: fuckass365
  Today is Google change day Oldandeasilyconfused 26 7493 March 2, 2012 at 4:32 am
Last Post: frankiej