Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Firefox quantum really better than Google Chrome?
Is Firefox quantum really better than Google Chrome?
It's apparently better(and faster) that Google Chrome, it's on Android so I'll check it out and give feedback. Feel free to post your experience as well.
RE: Is Firefox quantum really better than Google Chrome?
Downloading now.

I don't use Chrome much on Android, it does not play well with sites I use frequently, including this one (I don't use the mobile theme). Firefox has been my browser on Android for quite some time as a result, despite having ditched Firefox in favor of Chrome on every other platform.
I'm curious as well. I used to use FF back in the day, but it became increasingly slow and crash prone as time went on. I'd love to leave the Google data miner and go back.
I will definitely give it a go on my other tablet. The old FF did not seem to work well on this tablet but I liked its features on my laptop.
(November 15, 2017 at 5:06 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: I'm curious as well.  I used to use FF back in the day, but it became increasingly slow and crash prone as time went on.  I'd love to leave the Google data miner and go back.

Yeah I've heard that it is much more private than evil Google. But if I'm still using Firefox to access Facebook... I suppose it doesn't matter.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I don't know about the newest version, but I can say that as a web programmer, when people have problem with my site's functionality, the first thing I say is "You're not using Chrome are you?" And they never are. Almost 100% of the time, getting them to install Chrome solved all problems they were having.
(November 15, 2017 at 3:12 pm)pool the matey Wrote: It's apparently better(and faster) that Google Chrome, it's on Android so I'll check it out and give feedback. Feel free to post your experience as well.

I have tried it, it does seem very good 10/10 here
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
Using it now, so far so good. I don't know about better or faster, but time will tell.
The prior version - Firefox Shitstorm? - was always crashing and it got to the point where I was using Chrome more and more.  So far, and I use it on my PC not my phone because I use my phone to make phone calls, the new version has not crashed once.
(November 15, 2017 at 5:06 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: I'm curious as well.  I used to use FF back in the day, but it became increasingly slow and crash prone as time went on.  I'd love to leave the Google data miner and go back.

Hehe

(November 15, 2017 at 10:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The prior version - Firefox Shitstorm? - was always crashing and it got to the point where I was using Chrome more and more.  So far, and I use it on my PC not my phone because I use my phone to make phone calls, the new version has not crashed once.

Haha, I was not a fan of the previous versions myself. There is a lot of fuss in social media over how good the current version is. Apparently it uses way less ram and uses up way less resources compared to Chrome(so easy on the battery), it utilizes more cpu than ram so it is apparently almost twice as fast. I'm typing this in Firefox, so far the experience have been silk smooth, if it keeps running good I'd keep it rather than going back to chrome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will quantum computers slow our Internet down? FlatAssembler 5 494 November 16, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
Exclamation Google artificial intelligence razzes us! Eclectic 11 1683 November 5, 2022 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Eclectic
  [Serious] Quantum v. Classical computing. Jehanne 12 1265 May 21, 2022 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Google Argentina's domain name bought by man for £2 zebo-the-fat 2 384 April 27, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Firefox saved my ass... Jehanne 14 2781 October 12, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: RozKek
  Publishing to Google Play bennyboy 8 1610 May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Google PlaNET scoobysnack 18 2821 February 27, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  How to master Google Search Heat 12 2405 February 6, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  FIANLLY rid of google's damn shopping tab!! Aractus 17 4156 December 5, 2015 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Why I do not believe AI smarter than Humans will make more progress than Humans Heat 45 5377 November 13, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi