Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Upgrade
Forum Upgrade
I've just spent the last 2 hours upgrading the forums to the latest version of MyBB. It was a major release, with many new features. I also had to reconfigure some of the plugins we have enabled, so there may be a few things set up differently. I shall try to fix these as soon as possible.

If you find any errors, please make them known in this thread.
RE: Forum Upgrade
Something like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
That would be one. I've fixed it. Can you refresh the page and confirm?
Surely that feature is a backward step. No longer can we tell at a simple glance how big a thread is Sad
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Yes we can. Those numbers are for the forum the thread is in, not the thread itself. The thread numbers appear as per usual.
(August 4, 2010 at 7:26 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Something like this?
What is in the picture attachment? I can't open those on the internet. It only gives me the option of saving it, or opening it in my paint program.

It wouldn't be about how attached pics don't yet open on a normal webpage, would it? Big Grin

I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...
The symbol represents a link to a picture that no longer exists SN.
(August 4, 2010 at 8:40 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: The symbol represents a link to a picture that no longer exists SN.
I think I know what you're talking about, but those are something different. This one is when a picture file gets attached instead of embedded, and it shows a thumbnail of the pic. I click on it, and it recognizes that the file exists, but only gives me the option of seeing it outside of the browser. I usually pass, since it's a pain in the ass to wait for it to open separately in a graphics program just to view it.

Not a very serious gripe though, since I probably could have viewed a dozen or so of them in the graphics program in the time it took to type this! Smile

I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...
Depending on your browser, you can usually right click on the picture and choose where to view it... in the browser usually being the quickest. Your computer is configured badly if it opens an inappropriate app to view pics. Get it sorted girl! Wink

There, wasted some more time Big Grin
(August 4, 2010 at 9:31 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Depending on your browser, you can usually right click on the picture and choose where to view it... in the browser usually being the quickest. Your computer is configured badly if it opens an inappropriate app to view pics. Get it sorted girl! Wink

There, wasted some more time Big Grin
Most pics open fine on a new browser window automatically, only these don't. Right clicking gives no options that work differently for me. Oh well, I'll live. If that's the worst problem I ever have in life, I'm laughing.... Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekend Upgrade Tiberius 15 2346 January 29, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Forum Upgrade Tiberius 11 3510 February 21, 2017 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Tapatalk Upgrade Tiberius 30 6310 March 2, 2013 at 3:01 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Forum Upgrade Tiberius 0 1439 May 29, 2012 at 4:49 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Upgrade & Donation Thanks Tiberius 5 3162 April 17, 2010 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: fr0d0