Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Upgrade
Forum Upgrade
Recently we've had multiple reports of several issues concerning the disappearance of threads / drafts on the forum. After quite a while trying to debug the issues, we came to the conclusion that the server specs needed to be upgraded so that the database had more memory to work with.

Tonight I upgraded the server and hopefully these issues are now resolved. Please report any continuing issues if you see them. I ran into a few minor issues during the upgrade which we will attempt to sort out over the next few weeks, including performing a proper upgrade of forum software.

The upgraded server has increased our monthly costs slightly, and I've updated the Patreon page to reflect that. If you can spare any money on a monthly basis to help us run the forums, any contribution is welcome: https://patreon.com/atheistforums
RE: Forum Upgrade
All hail!
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
After I log in, I'm unable to access "Today's Posts". It still says that the site is undergoing maintenance. 
I've tried a a few times since 6:00 AM EST.

I'll try again I get off from work.
Interesting. I can still access Today's posts.

I find it weird how often people are experiencing issues at the same time but not always the same issues.
(February 20, 2017 at 7:23 am)Thena323 Wrote: After I log in, I'm unable to access "Today's Posts". It still says that the site is undergoing maintenance. 

Please try clearing your browser cache and trying again.
(February 20, 2017 at 11:10 am)Tiberius Wrote: Please try clearing your browser cache and trying again.

Just gonna quote this. If you're experiencing issues, please have this be the first thing you try.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
BTW, it occurs to me the best forum upgrade would be for me to just post more.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 20, 2017 at 3:11 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: BTW, it occurs to me the best forum upgrade would be for me to just post more.

Tongue

We need consensus on this...

Big Grin
Dying to live, living to die.
Indeed
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 20, 2017 at 11:10 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(February 20, 2017 at 7:23 am)Thena323 Wrote: After I log in, I'm unable to access "Today's Posts". It still says that the site is undergoing maintenance. 

Please try clearing your browser cache and trying again.

Yes, I should have thought of that first. Not particularly tech savvy, though. 

It's working fine now. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekend Upgrade Tiberius 15 2305 January 29, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tapatalk Upgrade Tiberius 30 6279 March 2, 2013 at 3:01 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Forum Upgrade Tiberius 0 1435 May 29, 2012 at 4:49 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Forum Upgrade Tiberius 12 5544 August 5, 2010 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Upgrade & Donation Thanks Tiberius 5 3132 April 17, 2010 at 4:54 pm