Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is a tosser a tosser?
Why is a tosser a tosser?
That's a question to our members from the UK. I mean, I guess I know the meaning. A presumtous idiot, or something along these lines. But what do they toss?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Why is a tosser a tosser?
What don't they toss.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
It meant to masturbate or to have an addiction to masturbating originally but I'm not sure why, but yes now it just means an asshole or jackass.

We also say "wanker" which has a similar meaning, asshole, but to "wank" or "wanking" as a verb also means to masturbate.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(June 11, 2016 at 8:10 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: It meant to masturbate or to have an addiction to masturbating originally but I'm not sure why, but yes now it just means an asshole or jackass.

Makes sense, actually, since we have a similar masturbator term for the perfect asshole. "Wichser", which basically means, someone beating off.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Is 'knob' synonymous?
(June 11, 2016 at 8:26 pm)Cato Wrote: Is 'knob' synonymous?

Yes and no. Traditionally it means the head of the penis, but it is also used in the same way as "tosser" for an asshole. "what a knob!" "Knobhead" "Knob-end",

or my Dad's favourite, "knobber!"

I never actually realised just how many words we have made synonymous with "asshole"
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Yeah, it usually just means someone who mastutbates. Pretty much the same as wanker, but it's also used as meaning asshole. We Brits are weird when it comes to insults.

Fuck knows where the term came from though. We don't use it much in Scotland, it's more an English thing.
Yep tosser, pillock, wanker, plonker, knobhead/knob-end, bellend... it's fun to be a Brit Big Grin
Richie: "Are you calling me a liar?"
Dick Head (that's another one): "No, I'm calling you a tosser"
Richie: "that's okay then"
(June 11, 2016 at 8:49 pm)Emjay Wrote: Richie: "Are you calling me a liar?"
Dick Head (that's another one): "No, I'm calling you a tosser"
Richie: "that's okay then"

This pretty much sums it up.  Big Grin