Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys-R-Us
Toys-R-Us
Inspired by Steel's thread where he so wanted us to dissuade him from buying a sexy new tablet with fridge magnet qualities (a job we miserably failed at, especially me), I thought it would be fun to have a thread dedicated to discussing the latest gadgets and toys we currently fawn over, actually consider getting, or regret not having the dough for.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Toys-R-Us
There is this $2 billion fantasy yacht I always lusted after.
(July 14, 2016 at 7:23 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: There is this $2 billion fantasy yacht I always lusted after.

What kind of yacht is that? For that kind of money you can buy the Queen Mary II and the Oasis Of The Seas both.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

It is a fantasy yacht.   Wink

But I always imagined it would be fully rigged with electronically operated sails operable by a small crew of 2-3 persons.   Large enough to be able to operate under sail in all weathers anywhere on the seas.  Have back up engines to get out of dull drums.  Have a reasonably well equipped marine biology and geology lab onboard, plus extravagant amenities typical of luxury yacht, like oddly shaped swimming pools staffed by Polynesian girls. Big Grin
I've made one of these.
It's been quietly telling the time for many years and also a nice kitchen talking point with visitors.
[Image: 17dvlt.jpg]

I bought the kit from Doug here: (barebones in board, made the rest. Now he sells complete kits)
http://www.dougswordclocks.com/

All the above are inspired by these German guys below.
Everyone copies them because no-one wants to spend $1000 on a clock!
http://www.qlocktwo.com/#&panel1-2

But now, I want more. I want it to tell me the 5 day forecast as well.
These days I'm leaning towards an oled monitor run by a small pc or a RaspPi, etc, net connected.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I'm currently fawning over the idea of buying a Crafter acoustic bass. I buy musical instruments and don't always get down to learning them. I end up just jamming away with them instead. But I would love to get back to home recording again like I did 20 years ago. It is very time consuming though. This time I would be using all acoustic instruments. I have a flute (Irish and silver Boehm), a violin which I don't know how to get a note out of, a mandolin which I can't be arsed learning any chords on and an acoustic guitar. I might have to take percussion lessons and get a variety of bongo type drums.

Our house in Germany is perfect for home recording. It's such a quiet area nestled amongst the hills and is at the end of a road. And enough spare rooms to devote one to home recording if I so wished. Even a whole flat if I really wanted. Only problem is that I don't actually live there but do regularly go back for holidays.
I so far have a nice acoustic guitar, an accordeon I inherited from my dad when he got a better one, but mainly, I took up the piano again last year. The choice of digital piano was a lot of fun, but I decided on the Kawai MP7 and I am extremely satisfied with it.

I've always wanted to have a shed out the back with a fully stocked bar, full size billiards table and a juke box.
Always wanted a high-end 15" rMBP but they are a little over £2,500.

Dodgy
(July 14, 2016 at 8:51 am)Little lunch Wrote: I've always wanted to have a shed out the back with a fully stocked bar, full size billiards table and a juke box.

That sounds amazing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New theistic chew toys wanted! Foxaèr 266 19765 August 29, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  God's Toys purplepurpose 1 263 April 11, 2018 at 11:44 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fav toys/games from your childhood vorlon13 29 4884 June 30, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Cool Christmas Toys! The Reality Salesman01 17 3889 November 25, 2013 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01