Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fav toys/games from your childhood
Fav toys/games from your childhood
Erector Set

Kenner Girder and Panel

Old Maid

Crazy Eights

Frisbee

Life

Red Rover

Tonka trucks

Johnny Astro

Aggravation

Mouse Trap

Stratego

Go Fish

Dominoes

Barrel of Monkeys

Ring-a-ma-Jing

Easy Bake Oven

Seven Up
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Fav toys/games from your childhood
My coon skin Davy Crockett hat.
As kids we use to have wrestling matches, play hide and seek, gutter. My favorite video game was super mario world on super nintendo.
Kick the Can.

Capture the Flag.

BB gun (including the war).

Mini bike.

Creepy crawlers.

Wizzers.

Slot cars.

Bobby Hull hockey.

Plastic army men vs plastic dino's

Chemistry set.

Bike with a Vroom.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Lincoln Logs

Daisy Red Rider, later an 880 rifled pellet gun

Life

BMX bike

skateboard

guitar and tape recorder

hot wheel collection including the tracks

Micro machines

Ninja turtles action figures

Scar, mufasa and Nala figures

Hulk Hogan action figure and others

Rock collection (I gave them names and they talked)

Most of these were shared between my brother and me. We were like two peas in a pod.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Sorry! (The board game)

Any kind of toy that would come with kids' meals from fast food places. Anyone remember those Transformers-style ones where they looked like miniature version of McDonald's food but they could be folded out to look like dinosaurs?

Incredible Crash Dummies playsets and figures (there was even a Gameboy game)

There was a kid-sized 3-in-1 Tournament Table, where on one side of a lid to the table (the interior was deep and hollowed out where you stored all the other accoutrements) you had a fuzzy pool table surface, flip it over and you've got a smooth flat one for air hockey, and you had two bigger tabletop attachments to go on top if you wanted to play Ping Pong.

I think I was into those Mighty Max diorama things for a while. The cartoon was actually pretty good.

But other than that, video games won out most of the time.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
I just recently got all my old toys out of this lock up that my parents kept it in recently and it was a blast from the place looking through my old figures.

Toys
These are all pretty much figures from TV shows.

He-man 

Ghost busters (those figures were genius but didn't really make sense, they were like a football player who could turn into a crocodile, or a builder who turned into a giant moth.

Beetlejuice.

And I don't know if these are just native to the UK but we had boglins and monster in my pocket figures.

Games

Hot and cold, hide and seek, tig.

You probably call them something different in America, but they're all similar games.  With hot and cold you hide something and the other person has to try and find it while you tell them if they're getting hot or cold.  Everyone knows hide and seek, and I think Americans call it tag instead of tig.
I was a master of stealth and so good at these games.

Bike races.  

And I remember getting my plastic garden chairs, we sort of rocked on them which made the legs walk, and the game was to just go towards each other until you bang into each other someone falls off the chair.
It sounds so crap but I remember laughing so hard at the anticipation of being knocked off the chair and how stupid we both looked slowly advancing on each other on these plodding chairs.

Another involved two of you on a bed, one is under the thick cover, duvet,  and the other outside it.  The one under the cover has to smash the one outside the cover off the bed but he can't see where he is.  A bit like a bullfight type of thing.

Another one involving the duvet is using it as a sledge down the stairs.

Similar to that was when I realized I could use a skateboard to go down slides at parks with.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Atari (Pitfall, Battlefield, and Asteroids!)

Matchbox cars

model airplanes and ships

potato guns

fireworks, especially Ladyfingers and M-80s

"When I was a kid we were so poor that if I wasn't a boy I wouldn't have had anything to play with."

-- Rodney Dangerfield

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New theistic chew toys wanted! Foxaèr 266 19982 August 29, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1623 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  God's Toys purplepurpose 1 264 April 11, 2018 at 11:44 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  A Piece Of My Childhood Passes Away Minimalist 11 1905 July 28, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "Violent video games provide positive reinforcement to elicit violence in Life" ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2258 November 27, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  baby boy name. vote your fav! Catholic_Lady 94 7988 July 16, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Toys-R-Us Alex K 57 4300 July 15, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Men Who are Bad at Video Games More Likely to Show Hostility to Women Pyrrho 21 4008 July 22, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: MTL
  post a pic of your fav coffee cup! goodwithoutgod 10 1994 January 16, 2015 at 4:01 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Anyone got a hobby .. or is that what computer games are for? Whateverist 53 5780 November 26, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Heywood