Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick question...
Quick question...
I just read that Newt Gingrich wants all Muslims who believe in Sharia to be deported from the US. He says you lot can find out about whether a particular Muslim should be deported by 1) interviewing them, 2) monitoring what they do on the internet and 3) conducting surveillance of all mosques. So, here's the question:

Are there ANY sane politicians left in the US?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Quick question...
Quote:Are there ANY sane politicians left in the US?

Probably not.
Vermin Extreme is the only sane politician in the U.S.

And he wears a rubber boot for a hat.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Pretty sure it wouldn't be allowed.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 15, 2016 at 4:20 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Are there ANY sane politicians left in the US?

The sane people stay out of politics in this country.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 15, 2016 at 5:10 am)chimp3 Wrote: Vermin Extreme is the only sane politician in the U.S.

And he wears a rubber boot for a hat.
I meant Vermin Supreme.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Wait... did you think Newt Gingrich was the last sane politician? I mean if so, I have to question your own fucking sanity.
Always good for a yuck when an open and notorious adulterer like Newt Gingrich tries to pander to the 'Christians', and it works.

Gee, I was going to change my sig when Pence gets tagged for veep (instedda the poon hound Newt) and it looks like Newt is back in the running for veep this morning.

An all horn dog ticket from the pubs seeking and harvesting all kinds of Fundamentalist and Evangelical votes is just fucking unreal.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There are plenty of sane politicians in the US.  It's just that when you get to a high position of influence/leadership your words have to be picked to pander/protect/win the votes of your constituents, which often means you say crazy shit.  Literally every country has their insane high-ranking politicians (I'm looking at you, UK). Of course, there's always the chance that you're just crazy in the first place (Newt), but there are tons of politicians who aren't.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(July 15, 2016 at 9:51 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: There are plenty of sane politicians in the US.  It's just that when you get to a high position of influence/leadership your words have to be picked to pander/protect/win the votes of your constituents, which often means you say crazy shit.  Literally every country has their insane high-ranking politicians (I'm looking at you, UK).  Of course, there's always the chance that you're just crazy in the first place (Newt), but there are tons of politicians who aren't.

*sigh*

What politicians are you referring to? Boris?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick fix marketing, and long term politics. Brian37 6 1576 April 19, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  Quick question on gun confiscation. Gawdzilla Sama 85 5945 February 12, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christian conservatives, quick question for you Boris Karloff 21 5933 February 11, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: A Theist