Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian conservatives, quick question for you
Christian conservatives, quick question for you
Christians justify the tyrannical and murderous acts committed or sanctioned by God in the old testament by claiming that since God is the creator of morality - or that he IS morality - every act he does, no matter how horrible, is still moral and good.

Basically, since your saying God established a law of the world, he has the right to alter it/control it when he needs to.

So with this mindset, the government should be able to take away rights listed within the Constitution or change them to suit the times, because the government established them in the first place, correct? I'm simply applying your own argument to another circumstance, but the same situation.

So hand over your guns, open your doors to raids, and let your phones be tappedSmile
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Edward Gibbon
RE: Christian conservatives, quick question for you
(February 7, 2014 at 10:13 am)Boris Karloff Wrote: Christians justify the tyrannical and murderous acts committed or sanctioned by God in the old testament by claiming that since God is the creator of morality - or that he IS morality - every act he does, no matter how horrible, is still moral and good.

Basically, since your saying God established a law of the world, he has the right to alter it/control it when he needs to.

So with this mindset, the government should be able to take away rights listed within the Constitution or change them to suit the times, because the government established them in the first place, correct? I'm simply applying your own argument to another circumstance, but the same situation.

So hand over your guns, open your doors to raids, and let your phones be tappedSmile
Quote:So hand over your guns, open your doors to raids, and let your phones be tappedSmile
...so come and get 'em Big Grin
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Where is the well-regulated militia?
(February 7, 2014 at 6:19 pm)A Theist Wrote: ...so come and get 'em Big Grin

If these guys came to your door

[Image: Swat.jpg]

you'd piss your pants and meekly hand them over.
haha I love how conservatives and/or tea partiers think that their guns would somehow give them a fighting chance against the ENTIRE AMERICAN MILITARY equipped with fighter jets, drones, heat-seaking missiles, and so on.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Edward Gibbon
(February 7, 2014 at 10:54 pm)Boris Karloff Wrote: haha I love how conservatives and/or tea partiers think that their guns would somehow give them a fighting chance against the ENTIRE AMERICAN MILITARY equipped with fighter jets, drones, heat-seaking missiles, and so on.

haha. That reminds me of a story I read once about the Vietnam war.

A helicopter crew landed back at the base from a mission where they had seen some action. As the maintenance crew was looking over the helo for damage they found a few arrows stuck in the frame.

One of the repair crew looked at the pilot and said, "Look at this shit! How the fuck do they think they're going to win this war when they're fighting against us with weapons like that?"

The pilot looked back at him and said, "How the fuck are they going to lose?"
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
(February 7, 2014 at 6:19 pm)A Theist Wrote:
Quote:So hand over your guns, open your doors to raids, and let your phones be tappedSmile
...so come and get 'em Big Grin

Because that worked out so well for Randy Weaver. And David Koresh. And the Montana Freemen.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 7, 2014 at 10:13 am)Boris Karloff Wrote: So with this mindset, the government should be able to take away rights listed within the Constitution or change them to suit the times, because the government established them in the first place, correct? I'm simply applying your own argument to another circumstance, but the same situation.

Nope. The government is not God. Also, we serve God, but the government was formed to serve us.
Didn't Jesus say something about "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's?"
(February 8, 2014 at 12:02 am)Boris Karloff Wrote: Didn't Jesus say something about "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's?"

Yes, but he also said, 'Render unto God those things which are God's'. This is the bit Christians tend to pounce on: Divine laws take precedence over human ones. It is why they are forever yammering on about their imagined 'God-given rights' - they think it gives them an out to become scofflaws and ignore societal responsibility.

It's what makes fanatics dangerous.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1462 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8888 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 400 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 575 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why Do Republicans/Conservatives Bend Over Backwards for Companies? Jade-Green Stone 14 1422 November 28, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do conservatives lie more than liberals? Angrboda 23 2622 June 17, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Conservatives threaten to boycott Netflix Foxaèr 63 9865 May 28, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: julep
  Conservatives have more self-control John V 248 26310 January 31, 2018 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Big Grin Conservatives are more attractive John V 81 8753 January 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservatives more driven by fear Amarok 11 1804 January 28, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok