Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's watch a movie
Video 
Let's watch a movie
I need at least three people, excluding me, to agree with this. Let's watch a movie together and then talk about it. What do you say?  Smile
RE: Let's watch a movie
Got a date/time in mind? My weekends consist largely of videogames and whisky so I got bags of time.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
live-tweet about it Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

This is actually a pretty cool idea. Yes provide dates and times etc ^_^ my availability sucks so don't count me in the 3, but it sounds interesting and I will try and join.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Whatever works for you guys. Just tell me when you're available and I'll try and organize it all.

Maybe PM me if you're really busy and tell me when you're going to be able to watch it once we decide on a movie and I'll just post the relevant information here for everyone involved, just so we keep the thread manageable. Or just post it here, that should work as well, especially since I don't think there will be too many of us at first.

I thought maybe we'd set a certain amount of time, like three days, I don't know, in which to watch it, and then chat about it with the experience still relatively fresh in mind.

Any ideas about the movie, anyone?

Maybe we should just watch them in the weekend, and then talk about them throughout the week?

Has anyone seen The Martian?

Moon is a good film(I've seen it, but a long enough time ago):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_(film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

Anyway, these are my ideas.
I can't participate, but Moon has the potential to become a classic, good choice.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 15, 2016 at 12:05 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I need at least three people, excluding me, to agree with this. Let's watch a movie together and then talk about it. What do you say?  Smile

Sounds fun, I'm down.

Gonna actually watch it together. . . like with audio on Skype or something?

--edit--

No, I see that's not the case. I'm still down, though.

My recommendation: Sunshine

Awesome movie, but most people have never seen it.
(July 15, 2016 at 1:57 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(July 15, 2016 at 12:05 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I need at least three people, excluding me, to agree with this. Let's watch a movie together and then talk about it. What do you say?  Smile

Sounds fun, I'm down.

--edit--

No, I see that's not the case.  I'm still down, though.

I absolutely love that movie! But critics panned it for it's cliche villain at the end, I think.
(July 15, 2016 at 2:06 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(July 15, 2016 at 1:57 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Sounds fun, I'm down.

--edit--

I absolutely love that movie! But critics panned it for it's cliche villain at the end, I think.

That movie wasn't really about the plot.  It was such a unique experience, IMO.
(July 15, 2016 at 2:06 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(July 15, 2016 at 1:57 pm)bennyboy Wrote: Sounds fun, I'm down.

--edit--

For me, it was more that he came out of nowhere. As if they just decided to insert him at the last minute of production or something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie Trailer heads up thread. Gawdzilla Sama 445 33322 April 14, 2024 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ironic movie pairing. Gawdzilla Sama 1 530 November 10, 2023 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Favorite horror movie MR. Macabre 666 13 1069 June 14, 2023 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you watch soaps? Fake Messiah 23 1802 December 16, 2022 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What Your Favorite Religious Movie ? The Architect Of Fate 25 2477 November 24, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Uberpod
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2614 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Movie plot holes "Diehard 2"........... Brian37 10 1331 July 15, 2021 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The jarjar binks of a movie tackattack 19 1269 November 4, 2020 at 11:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1941 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anyone watch "Adam Ruins Everything"? Brian37 17 1656 February 2, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet