Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you watch soaps?
Do you watch soaps?
Do you watch soap operas like "Days of our Lives"?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Do you watch soaps?
(October 13, 2022 at 2:39 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Do you watch soap operas like "Days of our Lives"?

If ‘Coronation Street’ and ‘East Enders’ are like ‘Days Of Our Lives’, then yes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Haven't since I stopped being a stay-at-home mom. Long, long time ago.

Funny, when my brother was in college, he and his friends built their class schedules around 'Days'.

My dad's parents followed "As The World Turns" to the point that grandma would write letters to my mother talking about things that happened on the soap as though the events happened to people they actually knew. Grandpa would come in from working on the farm and they would eat lunch and then settle in for their daily dose of drama.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Like Star Wars?
I watch Korean and Japanese soaps from time to time.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
One grandmother would plan her day around her "stories."  I remember the hour glass, so it must have been "Days."

The first wife VCR'd "All My Children."  I remember Susan Lucci and a young Kelly Ripa.
No, never have, never will, always something better to do!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(October 13, 2022 at 2:39 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Do you watch soap operas like "Days of our Lives"?

Growing up, I watched with grandmother. It was her favorite soap, The Young & the Restless
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 13, 2022 at 2:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

If ‘Coronation Street’ and ‘East Enders’ are like ‘Days Of Our Lives’, then yes.

Boru

Those are still going??
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 13, 2022 at 2:39 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Do you watch soap operas like "Days of our Lives"?

No.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone watch "Adam Ruins Everything"? Brian37 17 1653 February 2, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Watch Suggestions for TV and Movie Streamers Shell B 50 3487 October 2, 2019 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Movies you're not going to watch Foxaèr 53 6156 October 1, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watch VICE, yet again, completely miss the mark AceBoogie 12 1855 April 16, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: AceBoogie
  What should I watch now? Foxaèr 15 2242 November 6, 2016 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
Video Let's watch a movie Excited Penguin 24 3360 July 16, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  What should I watch after Sons Of Anarchy? Dystopia 13 5220 July 20, 2015 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie