Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the world's top drum companies wants to endorse me.
One of the world's top drum companies wants to endorse me.
I just put this on TTA but figured I may as well share it here.

Hey guys.
Although I do not need an endorsement, I have decided to accept one from http://sakaedrums.com/

Basically they made Yamaha drums for many years. In fact their drums are on more recordings than any other brand. They separated from Yamaha and went out on their own. And now they are even better.

I already own one of their kits. The following photo has a Yamaha (Sakae made snare on it.

[Image: 968b55fe-ffc6-42f9-951d-bcdecf9be826_zpsht9u6vlb.jpg]

Here's is the snare that goes with it.

[Image: ForumRunner_20140922_093236_zpsxpu16gby.jpg]

I've not been with anyone since I was with Pearl a while ago. So it is nice to get the recognition.

There is also talk from a cymbal brand.

I feel pretty good considering.

Apparently they asked me some months ago. I said "Okay" and never got back to them. Completely forgot. [Image: smile.gif]

I think they lost patience.
This recent escapee from TTA forums is on heavy drugs costing $25.000.00 per week. They affect my mind at times. Excuse me if I react out of the norm.
Banjo.
RE: One of the world's top drum companies wants to endorse me.
Very cool! Is that mainly a prestige thing or do you actually get hard dollars or free drums out of that?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Sweet, Banjy. Can you throw me a little four-piece fit for a student? Ride, crash, HH, maybe a splash?

Basically musical endorsements are not paid. I get all equipment at cost and they provide gear for me when I tour.

The last session I did on one of their kits, under the name Yamaha, the sound check took 10 minutes!!!!! This was a 5 piece kit. Usually it take an hour or more.

It was a choice between Sonor (Whom I adore) and Sakae. Sakae have their act together in this country and the drums are of equal standard.

(August 10, 2016 at 4:42 am)Alex K Wrote: Very cool! Is that mainly a prestige thing or do you actually get hard dollars or free drums out of that?
  Thanks mate.
(August 10, 2016 at 4:44 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Sweet, Banjy. Can you throw me a little four-piece fit for a student? Ride, crash, HH, maybe a splash?

I wish. The postage would kill us!
This recent escapee from TTA forums is on heavy drugs costing $25.000.00 per week. They affect my mind at times. Excuse me if I react out of the norm.
Banjo.
That's awesome, Banjo!
(August 10, 2016 at 5:02 am)Bella Morte Wrote: That's awesome, Banjo!

Thank you kindly. Their other recent endorsee is Ndugu Chancellor who played on Billy Jean and has sold over 200 million records. SoI am in good company.  Smile
Banjo.
(August 10, 2016 at 5:18 am)Banjo Wrote:
(August 10, 2016 at 5:02 am)Bella Morte Wrote: That's awesome, Banjo!

Thank you kindly. Their other recent endorsee is Ndugu Chancellor who played on Billy Jean and has sold over 200 million records. SoI am in good company.  Smile

Well, now I know you, but I've never heard of Ndugu Chancellor, so there's that Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 10, 2016 at 5:20 am)Alex K Wrote:
(August 10, 2016 at 5:18 am)Banjo Wrote: Thank you kindly. Their other recent endorsee is Ndugu Chancellor who played on Billy Jean and has sold over 200 million records. SoI am in good company.  Smile

Well, now I know you, but I've never heard of Ndugu Chancellor, so there's that Big Grin

Indeed, but you've heard him many many times on loads of hit records on the radio and possibly in your collection. Great player. Huge ego too.  Wink
Banjo.
(August 10, 2016 at 4:48 am)Banjo Wrote: Basically musical endorsements are not paid. I get all equipment at cost and they provide gear for me when I tour.

The last session I did on one of their kits, under the name Yamaha, the sound check took 10 minutes!!!!! This was a 5 piece kit. Usually it take an hour or more.

It was a choice between Sonor (Whom I adore) and Sakae. Sakae have their act together in this country and the drums are of equal standard.

(August 10, 2016 at 4:42 am)Alex K Wrote: Very cool! Is that mainly a prestige thing or do you actually get hard dollars or free drums out of that?
  Thanks mate.
(August 10, 2016 at 4:44 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Sweet, Banjy. Can you throw me a little four-piece fit for a student? Ride, crash, HH, maybe a splash?

You're an endorsee! Put it on your tab Smile

(August 10, 2016 at 5:51 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(August 10, 2016 at 4:48 am)Banjo Wrote: Basically musical endorsements are not paid. I get all equipment at cost and they provide gear for me when I tour.

Thanks mate.

You're an endorsee! Put it on your tab Smile

That's a LOT of beers you'll owe me.  Wink
Banjo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 971 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Abba return to UK top 10 after 40 years... Duty 10 1134 September 11, 2021 at 6:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Who Wants To Be A Billion Years Old"? Brian37 2 347 January 31, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Top Jazz artist I love.. Brian37 8 858 December 9, 2018 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Your top three rock/pop musicians Razzle 75 12769 April 30, 2015 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Razzle
  IMDb's Top 10 Films: Do you agree? CleanShavenJesus 115 30625 July 10, 2013 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Drum And Bass HeyItsZeus 0 948 June 23, 2011 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Top 3 Dawkins Books Arivaderchi 7 3244 January 30, 2010 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Arivaderchi