Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your responses to religious people on FB
Your responses to religious people on FB
My most recent response:

Quote:I understand that Jesus fills that void for you. For me, from a perspective of reason, Jesus is as much a fulfillment of the void as alcohol is for the drinker. There is no real difference when they are compared. The alcohol makes the drinker high just as much as the believer becomes high on believing
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Your responses to religious people on FB
I don't respond to them unless they make posts aimed at atheists. It's a waste of my time to bother with someone on that topic otherwise if they are on my friend list. They're on that list for a reason and others are not for the same reason. Anything beyond my friend list is a chaotic cesspool of nonsense when it comes to that site.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I avoid FB like the plague.
The only religious person I respond to on Facebook is Catholic_Lady. Everyone else is just being blocked immediately.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
The last time I talked about religion on Facebook it was to explain why I didn't care to hear animadversions on evolution from an "expert" whose doctorate was in dental hygiene. That was years ago. I ended up blocking/unfriending everyone who didn't have anything of value to say and now my FB feed is much more interesting.
A Gemma is forever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1080 75455 Yesterday at 7:01 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11744 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 651 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 7034 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 4956 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Invent your own saint, prophet, or religious equivalent The Valkyrie 32 3595 July 1, 2018 at 9:00 am
Last Post: oldpollock
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Foxaèr 13 3764 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How do religious people justify raising and slaughtering animals for food? Alexmahone 113 12989 December 6, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Little Rik
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16393 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Why do some religious people think the world revolves around them? Cecelia 28 9493 June 3, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: J a c k