Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do religious people react to their own arguments?
How do religious people react to their own arguments?
There are people of different religious beliefs, but their arguments are the same. 

"Complex and intelligently designed things need an intelligent designer. Something can't emerge from nothing." 

- Who created god then? Oh yes, I know, god has no beginning and hence always existed. But what is his power and intelligence based on? Why does he have the power and intelligence he has? What condition is it based on, that there is only one, your specific god, and not 5 gods, 10 gods or 29403 gods, who always existed, each having their own properties? A super complex and powerful being which god is, needs no cause at all, but a far less complex Universe can't exist with a cause that isn't of intelligent nature?

"What if god exists and you go to hell for being an atheist?" 

- Well, what if you got the wrong religion and go to hell for believing in the wrong religion? 

"I am confident, that my religion is the right one, I can feel it." 

- People of different religions say the same, obviously not all of them can be right at the same time, where is the objectivity? 

"My religious texts are consistent while the texts of other religions are not and are full of flaws. Furthermore, the texts of my religion hold clear evidence of historical or even scientific nature that can't be denied." 

- You can find clerics of different religions, who will find "clear" evidence for the accuracy of their religion, while being well able to disprove that same "clear" evidence of clerics of other religions. There are Islamic clerics, who will show you clear evidence of scientific nature in the Quran while proving, that the evidence Christian clerics came up with for their religion is false for obvious reasons. While Christian clerics will show you their obvious evidence and prove the evidence of Islamic clerics wrong. Again, where is the objectivity?

People of different religions with the same arguments.
RE: How do religious people react to their own arguments?
their arguments against each other regarding their myriads of different schisms and denoms is similarly wank-like.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:People of different religions with the same arguments.

More succinctly stated as:  Same Shit - Different Assholes.
(July 4, 2017 at 1:34 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: their arguments against each other regarding their myriads of different schisms and denoms is similarly wank-like.

Ten-twenty years ago whenever there was some sort of televised debate on a science issue, right there in the front row were the three wise monkeys.
The Bishop, the Rabbi and the mullah. Not one of them with any sort of science background mind you, but whatever the science was, it was wrong in the eyes of all three different gods. I don't recall ever, seeing the same three fuckheads going head to head in a debate as to which god was best. I don't think its ever happened. It's almost as if there's some sort of cabal, a protection racket each with their own 'manor' that the other gang members by mutual agreement wouldn’t encroach on.
It's not hard to see where the Mafia acquired their business model.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(July 4, 2017 at 1:32 pm)Vast Vision Wrote: There are people of different religious beliefs, but their arguments are the same. 

"Complex and intelligently designed things need an intelligent designer. Something can't emerge from nothing." 

- Who created god then? Oh yes, I know, god has no beginning and hence always existed. But what is his power and intelligence based on? Why does he have the power and intelligence he has? What condition is it based on, that there is only one, your specific god, and not 5 gods, 10 gods or 29403 gods, who always existed, each having their own properties? A super complex and powerful being which god is, needs no cause at all, but a far less complex Universe can't exist with a cause that isn't of intelligent nature?

"What if god exists and you go to hell for being an atheist?" 

- Well, what if you got the wrong religion and go to hell for believing in the wrong religion? 

"I am confident, that my religion is the right one, I can feel it." 

- People of different religions say the same, obviously not all of them can be right at the same time, where is the objectivity? 

"My religious texts are consistent while the texts of other religions are not and are full of flaws. Furthermore, the texts of my religion hold clear evidence of historical or even scientific nature that can't be denied." 

- You can find clerics of different religions, who will find "clear" evidence for the accuracy of their religion, while being well able to disprove that same "clear" evidence of clerics of other religions. There are Islamic clerics, who will show you clear evidence of scientific nature in the Quran while proving, that the evidence Christian clerics came up with for their religion is false for obvious reasons. While Christian clerics will show you their obvious evidence and prove the evidence of Islamic clerics wrong. Again, where is the objectivity?

People of different religions with the same arguments.

There is zero critical examination of their own arguments so even while it would irritate them to have them thrown back in their faces, they don't understand what's happening. Since the result is the same, reinforcement of their own assumed conclusions, it hardly matters. But fuck them if they have the nerve to feel disappointed to have failed to convince anyone else.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 4, 2017 at 1:32 pm)Vast Vision Wrote: There are people of different religious beliefs, but their arguments are the same.

Christianity gives no argument, Christians do. The Bible never argues, it is an instructional book for the believer and a book for unbelievers to find God if they have that desire. We are to give an account for why we believe and when we do most believe we are making arguments. When our beliefs are challenged on this site we give an account of the truth presented by God's word, ie. giving an account of why we believe. Those who choose to ignore what we state have that God given right but, as I've said many times choices have consequences and rewards, even in every day life. so, do we argue sometimes and sometimes more than we should, mostly we give an accounting of why we believe, everyone here needs to remember this including Christians.

Vast Vision Wrote:"Complex and intelligently designed things need an intelligent designer. Something can't emerge from nothing."

With man this is true, why do you discount this from being true with God. Granted creation is on a much grander scale than anything man has ever done but, god is grander than all of mankind. God created on such a grand and unimaginable scale so that no one would be able to claim they were the creator. In the night sky around 6000 stars are visible at anyone time, yet God told Abraham He would create a nation from him that would be as innumerable as the stars in the heavens and until the telescope was invented man could number the stars. So how did the writer of Genesis ever know to write this down. 

Vast Vision Wrote:- Who created god then? Oh yes, I know, god has no beginning and hence always existed. But what is his power and intelligence based on? Why does he have the power and intelligence he has? What condition is it based on, that there is only one, your specific god, and not 5 gods, 10 gods or 29403 gods, who always existed, each having their own properties? A super complex and powerful being which god is, needs no cause at all, but a far less complex Universe can't exist with a cause that isn't of intelligent nature?

I know you do not believe in God so believing what you wrote above is out of the question for you. However the God who told Abraham the stars were innumerable says He wasn't created and that He has always existed thus His intelligence and power are based upon the himself. Instead of questioning God's powers you should be answering a question that all non-believers haven't and can never do, where did the material come from so the universe could self make. Spontaneous generation of material from nothing goes against physics, the only way the material could have been there was to have always been there, yet you discount this reasoning for God, curious. I know you will respond that God did it, supernatural powers is my response, powers that do not need to obey physics is what the supernatural is. 

Vast Vision Wrote:"What if god exists and you go to hell for being an atheist?" 

Weak atheist argument, I know God exists and He says He is the only God and as I said before He knew that the stars are innumerable. So I do have the right and only God. Besides that reasoning no other god has ever tried to contact me and guide me to it.

Vast Vision Wrote:"I am confident, that my religion is the right one, I can feel it." 

You are correct in this statement and I would argue your statement against any Christian. Christians who base their belief on feelings have at the best a weak faith and one that can be challenged and they have no reason to give for their belief. I and the Christians who are currently on this site all state our reasons for belief and understand there is a way to know God is real. We call this a relationship and in it God comes to reveal himself to us in different ways, some ways could be specific to the individual but, this revelation doesn't come before faith, only after. The scriptures teach that we can come to know God, Paul teaches this in several of his letters. Remember the God who revealed the innumerable stars to Abraham says He is giving us His truths in His Word.

Vast Vision Wrote:"My religious texts are consistent while the texts of other religions are not and are full of flaws. Furthermore, the texts of my religion hold clear evidence of historical or even scientific nature that can't be denied." 

Well, no one to date has explained to me how the writer of Genesis knew the stars were innumerable and they are, he states an undeniable fact without ever knowing what he wrote was true, other than to believe what God told him. This is a fact revealed by the Bible, long before science supposedly discovered this. Archaeologist have used the Bible to aid in there search for cities and have given credit to the Bible in their endeavor. The Bible is not flawed and doesn't contradict itself, what other religions say about their text is not a concern to me because I know the only living God which easily eliminates all others, if there were others why didn't they try and convince me they were real? I've shown that the Bible holds clear evidence of historical and scientific things, even though it's not intended to be a science or history book and Christians should never treat it that way. Sure I showed a couple of examples, why, because they are there, but like I said the Bible has never been intended to be a science or history book, it is a spiritual guide for those who believe in the triune living God of creation and salvation. When used in this manner much will be revealed to those who believe if the will just use it.

Vast Vision Wrote:People of different religions with the same arguments.

I present information contained in the scriptures and do not pretend to know what other religious text claim except for the little I've learned about them through hearing and a small amount of reading. So I do not use the same arguments (because I pay little to no attention to what they say) for the reasons given in my responses above. Hope this lets you understand a little about what I believe.

GC[/quote]
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:Weak atheist argument, I know God exists and He says He is the only God and as I said before He knew that the stars are innumerable.

You know G-C, you go away for a while and come back and you are still a blithering moron.

Your fucking god would be so proud of you...... if he existed!
(July 4, 2017 at 9:32 pm)Godscreated Wrote: Well, no one to date has explained to me how the writer of Genesis knew the stars were innumerable and they are, he states an undeniable fact without ever knowing what he wrote was true, other than to believe what God told him

And why don't you consider this statement referring to the vast amount of stars you can see at the sky at night? You do exactly what Islamic clerics do. Interpreting religious texts to meet scientific standards.
Quote:Well, no one to date has explained to me how the writer of Genesis knew the stars were innumerable

How about because the ignorant goat fuckers did not know how to count to more than 21.... including their dicks.
(July 4, 2017 at 9:58 pm)Vast Vision Wrote:
(July 4, 2017 at 9:32 pm)Godscreated Wrote: Well, no one to date has explained to me how the writer of Genesis knew the stars were innumerable and they are, he states an undeniable fact without ever knowing what he wrote was true, other than to believe what God told him

And why don't you consider this statement referring to the vast amount of stars you can see at the sky at night? You do exactly what Islamic clerics do. Interpreting religious texts to meet scientific standards.

The guy who wrote the Yeshua dialogue in Matthew 24:29 thought that the stars were tiny points of light that will fall to the Earth.  He thought that stars were just tiny meteors.

Matthew 24:29 (CEV) = "Right after those days of suffering,

“The sun will become dark,
and the moon
    will no longer shine.
The stars will fall,
and the powers in the sky
    will be shaken.”

The guy who wrote Revelation 12:4 was even more clueless.

Revelation 12:4 (CEV) = "With its tail, it dragged a third of the stars from the sky and threw them down to the earth. Then the dragon turned toward the woman, because it wanted to eat her child as soon as it was born."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1053 68850 March 23, 2024 at 11:17 am
Last Post: no one
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 10894 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 646 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1195 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Why can't I own Canadians? Dundee 14 1080 March 23, 2020 at 7:57 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10499 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 6829 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 4853 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Invent your own saint, prophet, or religious equivalent The Valkyrie 32 3551 July 1, 2018 at 9:00 am
Last Post: oldpollock
  Man creates in his own image Foxaèr 7 1072 June 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13