Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Harris On Trump........
Sam Harris On Trump........
Now before anyone left or right comments, please do yourself a favor and watch the entire thing. I will be the first to say  do NOT agree with everything he says in it. I do however agree that he is right that political correctness by my fellow liberals while well intended does give cover to the right wingers in any religion. But there is some stupid "AH HA.....SEE SEE SEE" conclusion that even atheist libertarians and or atheist republicans use to justify Trump's behavior. I think this video should make it clear, and I agree with him, that some people on the right don't get. It isn't blasphemy or criticism Trump is using. Keep that in mind because Sam and Bill Maher blasted Ben for his PC but Bill cannot be considered Trump or even a republican in the slightest.

Trump is not a right or left issue, Trump isn't even an economic right or left issue. It isn't just half the nation but most of the world, especially our own allies who see, and even now many in his own party, regret the monster they created. This is literally a global issue, not just a national issue. I am dead serious in saying that electing Trump would be no different than electing Hitler or Kim Jong Un. Both were/are horrible leaders who rely on bombastic superficial and dangerous imagery that are nothing more than propaganda to stoke fear to gain conformity. 

I think it is a false assumption to say "that cant happen here". Why? Pay close attention to how Sam describes Trump's superficial and financially impractical mass deportation. It sounds exactly like Hitler's immoral and unethical mass deportation of Jews. The genocide came later, the but the authoritarianism during his rise is what set that up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU
RE: Sam Harris On Trump........
Exactly like Hitler! Haha Brian.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(August 16, 2016 at 11:41 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Exactly like Hitler! Haha Brian.

Yeah, stupid comparison. The major reason why I'm against it is because it diverts attention from the dangers that Trump presents in his own rights. Such as knowing shit on economical issues. The only thing he was ever good at was defaulting his own exploits and wiggling out rather unscarred. Such as knowing shit about world politics. And such as not having presented any advisor who isn't on the same intellectual level as he himself. That's not a good recipe to run a super power.

He's a populous parvenu, using every recipe in the book to incite a crowd. But if a sufficient amount of people were in favor of taking a shit on the sidewalk, he would run on that ticket.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 16, 2016 at 11:41 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Exactly like Hitler! Haha Brian.

Yes dumbass. This isn't about a short term coup or a sudden change to fascism, but the tone itself is very dangerous long term. Now ask yourself this, if Hillary were saying "Deport all the Christians" or "Catholics are rapists, I am sure some of them are decent" or "That judge is unqualified because of their race" would you find that acceptable? Dont fucking tell me you would.

There were lots of Germans and Jews during Hitler's early days that blew him off. You don't have to take my word for it, even those in the GOP are now realizing the mistake they made. And there doesn't even have to be a coup either, put that shallow narcissist in office, a guy who has such  thin skin that Tweets set him off, how easily that man could start a Nuclear war. He is even too fucking stupid to understand what mutual destruction is. In Trump's case, Godwin's law does apply. Not based on our system, but his tone. It still speaks to his unstable irrational behavior, and people do act on their politicians words and are influenced by them.
Not quite haha. I think the main difference between trump and hitler is while hitler is centered one a very right wing world view as well as a messianic egotism, trump is only centered on a messianic egotism. His ideological foot print shifts with his mood, but these is nothing that would stop him from waking up one day and decide hitler's ideological footprint suits him for that day.
(August 16, 2016 at 11:52 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Yes dumbass. This isn't about a short term coup or a sudden change to fascism, but the tone itself is very dangerous long term. Now ask yourself this, if Hillary were saying "Deport all the Christians" or "Catholics are rapists, I am sure some of them are decent" or "That judge is unqualified because of their race" would you find that acceptable? Dont fucking tell me you would.

There were lots of Germans and Jews during Hitler's early days that blew him off. You don't have to take my word for it, even those in the GOP are now realizing the mistake they made. And there doesn't even have to be a coup either, put that shallow narcissist in office, a guy who has such  thin skin that Tweets set him off, how easily that man could start a Nuclear war. He is even too fucking stupid to understand what mutual destruction is.

I didn't say it was acceptable. Where did I say that? Hitler ran on a platform to destroy democracy and start a war. That was his explicit platform. Saying that Trump is not like Hitler is not an endorsement of Trump. It's just a statement of reality.
(August 16, 2016 at 11:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yes dumbass. This isn't about a short term coup or a sudden change to fascism, but the tone itself is very dangerous long term.

Use you mind, will you? The American system has enough checks and balances built into the system to not make that possible by one person parking their ass at the Oval Office. Trump can do a lot of damage if he manages to win the elections, but not the same amount as Hitler, who, supported by a president allowing the introduction of the enabling act, gained absolute power.
(August 16, 2016 at 11:52 am)abaris Wrote:

Yeah, stupid comparison. The major reason why I'm against it is because it diverts attention from the dangers that Trump presents in his own rights. Such as knowing shit on economical issues. The only thing he was ever good at was defaulting his own exploits and wiggling out rather unscarred. Such as knowing shit about world politics. And such as not having presented any advisor who isn't on the same intellectual level as he himself. That's not a good recipe to run a super power.

He's a populous parvenu, using every recipe in the book to incite a crowd. But if a sufficient amount of people were in favor of taking a shit on the sidewalk, he would run on that ticket.

Oh man, I agree completely. Saying that Trump is like Hitler is just a total distraction from real issues. Trump wants to start trade wars with China and Mexico. He's economically dangerous. Sam Harris makes a lot of good points about Trump, him being like Hitler is not one of them.
(August 16, 2016 at 12:00 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Sam Harris makes a lot of good points about Trump, him being like Hitler is not one of them.

The usual Harris shtick. Pull a no shit Sherlok and then resort to hyperbole.
(August 16, 2016 at 11:56 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(August 16, 2016 at 11:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yes dumbass. This isn't about a short term coup or a sudden change to fascism, but the tone itself is very dangerous long term. Now ask yourself this, if Hillary were saying "Deport all the Christians" or "Catholics are rapists, I am sure some of them are decent" or "That judge is unqualified because of their race" would you find that acceptable? Dont fucking tell me you would.

There were lots of Germans and Jews during Hitler's early days that blew him off. You don't have to take my word for it, even those in the GOP are now realizing the mistake they made. And there doesn't even have to be a coup either, put that shallow narcissist in office, a guy who has such  thin skin that Tweets set him off, how easily that man could start a Nuclear war. He is even too fucking stupid to understand what mutual destruction is.

I didn't say it was acceptable. Where did I say that? Hitler ran on a platform to destroy democracy and start a war. That was his explicit platform. Saying that Trump is not like Hitler is not an endorsement of Trump. It's just a statement of reality.

Yes he is, he doesn't have the same system that Hitler did, no. But the language is extremely similar. 

Hitler blamed the rest of the world for Germany's problems. Hitler used fear and and sold himself as the cure to put Germany back to it's rightful place in the world. Hitler blamed not just Jews, but the Allies and Russia and anyone who wasn't loyal to him, just like Trump is blaming Mexicans and refugees, and even China. Trump even, despite the fact we are economically better off than we were 8 years ago, is using the same language "Make America Great Again". That does sound exactly like the same sales pitch. And while more "watered down" Trump is scapegoating media too.

Dont get stuck on the kind of system we have. That does not change the language Trump is using. It is the same scapegoating shallow hyper nationalism "get tough" lack of substance delusional rhetoric.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Kamala Harris arewethereyet 24 1394 November 10, 2020 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1058 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kamala Harris makes history Foxaèr 5 498 August 21, 2020 at 10:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36894 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3153 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4121 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Sam Harris roasts Trump Arkilogue 3 750 October 18, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1680 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1273 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hey Fuck YOU Uncle Sam! Cinjin 33 12990 March 30, 2012 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Jaysyn