Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you reading?
What are you reading?
I'm on my last book in the Lady Trent series The Labyrinth of Drakes. This book is more political and romantic than its predecessors, and can be a little lackluster. I'm going it'll pick up near the end.
RE: What are you reading?
About two thirds of the way through memoirs of a geisha.
Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health by L. Ron Hubbard.
(August 17, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health by L. Ron Hubbard.

I read that in my teens, and it's time from my life that I cannot get back. Put the fucking book down and back away, slowly. Return it to the library or set it on fire.
A Gemma is forever.
The Temeraire Series. About dragons during the Napoleonic wars. My favorite series.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(August 17, 2016 at 5:05 pm)Gemini Wrote:
(August 17, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health by L. Ron Hubbard.

I read that in my teens, and it's time from my life that I cannot get back. Put the fucking book down and back away, slowly. Return it to the library or set it on fire.

I read that about eight years ago, or so. 
It was hysterical.
Camus -"Letters to a German Friend"
Hitch 22- You know who!
"Atom" - Lawrence Krauss
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

About 1/3 of the way through Mary Beard's 'SPQR'. Ripping good stuff.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 17, 2016 at 5:05 pm)Gemini Wrote:

I'm not that far through it yet. It's interesting, everyone likes different things I guess.

Now are you going to get your Thetans removed?
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you reading? arewethereyet 146 8464 April 6, 2024 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If you were reading...... Foxaèr 4 451 January 29, 2024 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Reading order for the Duneverse? Gawdzilla Sama 6 661 June 20, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So I'm finally reading a work by Lovecraft GrandizerII 18 2179 October 15, 2019 at 5:58 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  I tried watching and reading Peanuts Der/die AtheistIn 5 446 April 3, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Anyone else reading the Neapolitan Quartet by Elena Ferrante? Whateverist 0 324 September 21, 2017 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hey, what are you reading there? Mr.Obvious 6 2057 May 29, 2017 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: c172
  What book(s) are you reading right now? Handprint 22 3815 September 4, 2015 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Atheist Reading Material lezbehonest 30 5164 August 1, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  What are you reading? BrokenQuill92 98 13340 May 12, 2014 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92