Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving this another go....
Giving this another go....
Just smoked my last cigarette about an hour ago. I know I cannot do this alone so I am putting on a patch.

I make no promises, though. But a try is better than no try at all.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Giving this another go....
At least you are giving it another go.

Smoking is a horrible habit.

I congratulate you on your effort and I wholeheartedly hope you succeed in quitting for good.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Good luck. Smile
You can doooo eeeeeeet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Would you like it if we did it together? We can talk to each other anytime if we ever feel the need to smoke, you know, like support. I really think it would help.

I'll finish this last pack and quit as well, if you agree.
I can't claim to know how difficult that is, but I'm rooting for you! Good luck!
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(August 23, 2016 at 12:44 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Would you like it if we did it together? We can talk to each other anytime if we ever feel the need to smoke, you know, like support. I really think it would help.

I'm up for that. Besides, I practically live on these boards so I'm always around. But yeah... let's do that.

Rob quit two months ago and recently confessed to me that he's been smoking one or two a day at work when he bums a smoke from a co-worker. I can't be mad at him for that. He went from darn near two packs a day, down to nothing for five weeks and now he's just one or two a day.

Our bad habits weren't formed over night and it's a huge process for both of us but I think I will have success this time around because I'm not constantly around smokers all day and because I'm in a working salon at school, smokers tend to use body spray and breath mints after they have a cigarette break.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm going to make this my progress thread. EP, you can do the same here, too, if you want. Matter of fact, anyone who is considering quitting can use this thread Smile

I'm all too happy to share our little successes with this really hard journey.
Rooting for you Nymphy. One tip that helped me is to just delay. If you decide some incident justifies a cigarette, go ahead and plan a time in the near future when you'll make that call. It can help you feel like you have a little power and if you feel good enough about that you might just decide not to do it this time at least. Your opponent (nicotine addiction) is strong, you need to build up your confidence that you are too.
(August 23, 2016 at 12:50 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(August 23, 2016 at 12:44 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Would you like it if we did it together? We can talk to each other anytime if we ever feel the need to smoke, you know, like support. I really think it would help.

I'm up for that. Besides, I practically live on these boards so I'm always around. But yeah... let's do that.

Rob quit two months ago and recently confessed to me that he's been smoking one or two a day at work when he bums a smoke from a co-worker. I can't be mad at him for that. He went from darn near two packs a day, down to nothing for five weeks and now he's just one or two a day.

Our bad habits weren't formed over night and it's a huge process for both of us but I think I will have success this time around because I'm not constantly around smokers all day and because I'm in a working salon at school, smokers tend to use body spray and breath mints after they have a cigarette break.

Yeah, I would be smoking two packs a day too, if I didn't have any restraint. In fact I used to, it was the only way cigarettes could satisfy me at one point. And the stronger the tobacco, the better.

I'm glad I got down to at least one pack a day since then, though. And I hope it works this time too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The August 2020 Derecho & giving thanks to God. Jehanne 8 398 August 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: no one