Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why and How Did you Kill God?
Why and How Did you Kill God?
Personally and honestly I'd love to hear some of the stories you guys and gals experienced through your journey to enlightenment (atheism).

Just post it down here.

RE: Why and How Did you Kill God?
The realization that there are no gods does not mean we killed them. 

You can't kill what never existed.
(August 27, 2016 at 12:33 am)Minimalist Wrote: The realization that there are no gods does not mean we killed them. 

You can't kill what never existed.

BURRRRRRRRNNNNNN, GETTTTT REEEKKKTTT JEEEEESSUUUUUSSSS!!!!

eating life
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think OP meant to say about "death" of faith or doubts regarding the existance of God.

I believe God exists and that he is a brutal creator. Just look at how our prideful dictators act - very brutal.

Even if he exists, there is no reason to become his voluntary slave, its as bad as death in some sense, its the death of joy.

It triggers me when people with enthusiasm preach "divine investment program" of God. Thats so contradicting to think of buying an immortality and trying to accept that whole eternity you will be a voluntary slave to a God.

Its much easier to accept the death as an atheist and live calmly, even if its temporary, than lightly torture youself mentally for the rest of the life with the idea of hell to try to become Gods slave.
My answer would be here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-44890.html
I never truly believed.

I wanted to believe, because everyone around me did and I didn't want to disappoint them or get in trouble. I tried very hard to believe. Went through the motions, and created an image of god I could respect. But none of it was real. It was just my own imagination at work. I finally admitted it to myself shortly after 9/11 (not that the event had anything to do with it), and I've been happy ever since.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
My parents taught me how to think and not what to think.

Saw through the BS around the age of 6/7 at school, never believed in a deity.

It's much easier to be an atheist in a country where everyone at their heart is a sceptical grumpy bastard.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I never was very much interested. Not even as a child when I still believed in ghosts. At some time religion and me just drifted apart for good. Can't lay my hands on the moment, since it wasn't dramatic. But I know that there was a moment in the summer of '90 when I stood at a catholic crossroads display and thought, this is to simplistic. That's when I finally noticed that I'm not the least bit religious.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I didn't need to kill "God". The character was never born to me. It was and continues to be literally a non-factor in my life.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 16059 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Why did God get such a makeover in the New Testament? Hi600 10 1541 April 1, 2023 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8150 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Why do you hate God? johndoe122931 100 7269 June 3, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1972 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? GodBennett 33 3297 July 17, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3269 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13531 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4072 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  When and where did atheism first start ? hindu 99 9078 July 16, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: comet