Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"?
Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"?
Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? (First Name: "God", Last Name: "Bennett")

3 concise points why are found in the PDF document below:

i) Long ago, "asthma was considered a sacred disease" related to divine punishment. Instead, today using modern science/understanding, we know asthma is a respiratory illness.
  • Source: Any detailed timeline description of Asthma's History
ii) Likewise, I produced a 2016 paper/thought experiment that redefined the old God concept, to a modern one: Anything of human level intelligence or greater. 

Today there is no scientific evidence of any bible etc Gods/creators of our universe, but normal humans are actual candidates describable as Gods; we are using modern science to make software simulations of universes (eg Illustris), building artificial intelligence models plus we do many other cognitive tasks. 

Notably, human level artificial intelligence or greater also falls under the redefinition above.
  • Source by myself: "Research Gate/A scientific redefinition of God by an Atheist"
iii) So, I am human with somewhat average brain function, hence my new first name, "God". I think, objectively, "God" is a fitting name for any human without significant brain damage.
  • Relevant Source by myself: Objective human purpose: "Research Gate/Why is the purpose of human life to create Artificial General Intelligence?"
  • Relevant Source by myself: Quick thought on BibleGod vs Humans: "Research Gate/Animated Dirt; From Dirt to Artificial General Intelligence"
RE: Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"?
Hello! Smile

Perhapse a more personal summary of your thoughts?

Cheers,

Not at work.
I get the feeling there is punchline to this story.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 4, 2020 at 10:41 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Hello! Smile

Perhapse a more personal summary of your thoughts?

Cheers,

Not at work.

Good day, 

I edited the OP to include the summary.
Hello PGJ.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Nice to have another believer in the forum.
Elon Musk is a genius or "God" in tech. Majority of people aren't exceptional.
Thou art god, and all that groks is god.  Loved that book when I was 13.
Now this is bizarre. I was mildly surprised when Johan turned up from the past. He only just got the boot and PGJ turns up. Is this the season for it or something?
Welcome back!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 16058 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Why did God get such a makeover in the New Testament? Hi600 10 1541 April 1, 2023 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Climate change crisis and God's wrath Eclectic 4 518 August 26, 2022 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1972 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3269 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2865 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u become an atheist? Lebneni Murtad 52 10065 April 6, 2017 at 1:21 am
Last Post: surreptitious57
  What would change your mind? hyperchord24 117 20290 March 28, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why God is scientifically redefinable (an atheist article snippet) MadaraUchihuh 4 1400 March 10, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5096 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman