Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime
Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime
So to sum it up. In Ghost in the Shell, there is a robot who can transfer to other robots. So if God is Jesus. Does it mean he transferred his soul to Jesus Christ, and thereby when he died he returned his soul back as it was?

I am just trying to understand the theological argument is all. Since i get confusing answers on this
RE: Can "Jesus is God" be compared to "Ghost in the Shell" anime
It's a mystery.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Or, did god cut off a bit of his soul and transplant it into Jesus after he raped Mary, then claimed it back afterwards?

Why do Christians make a big deal of his sacrifice on the cross? He got better in 3 days and went home to his dad, more a small inconvenience than a sacrifice!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

god in a skin suit having a bad weekend at human camp

Poor thing

(August 18, 2022 at 4:41 pm)Woah0 Wrote: So to sum it up. In Ghost in the Shell, there is a robot who can transfer to other robots. So if God is Jesus. Does it mean he transferred his soul to Jesus Christ, and thereby when he died he returned his soul back as it was?

I am just trying to understand the theological argument is all. Since i get confusing answers on this

I’m not familiar with ‘Ghost In The Shell’ (nor do I care to be), but your speculations are well outside the normal run of theology.

According to the scholars who care about this rubbish, God does not have a soul - God is ‘soul’, writ large. And, since God is omnipresent, he didn’t need to ‘transfer his soul’ anywhere.

I hope this helps with your silly speculation.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 18, 2022 at 4:59 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It's a mystery.

A Catholic told me the same thing... Dodgy

But i dont get the logic of three being one. So God and Jesus is both God,, which also prays to itself even though they are two entities being of same matter. Atleast with transfering to a human it would be something i could buy more into.
Coming as a human, dying and having his soul to another realm, removing old rules, making new ones. And then just saving the world in that entity of creation.

I mean sure its crazy but i could atleast buy that more.
I'd like to know what you have to smoke, swallow, inhale, inject to come up with questions such as the one in the OP. Then I can decide if I want to imbibe.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 18, 2022 at 5:24 pm)Woah0 Wrote:
(August 18, 2022 at 4:59 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It's a mystery.

A Catholic told me the same thing... Dodgy

But i dont get the logic of three being one. 

Because there isn't any...it's a mystery. Officially. There's nothing more or less rational about it than there is in any belief in any kind of god.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Those darn Catholics. What with their trinity and their transubstantiation.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...and all that. Mother Mary, pray for us.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 18, 2022 at 5:36 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Those darn Catholics. What with their trinity and their transubstantiation.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...and all that. Mother Mary, pray for us.

The whole Trinity concept was a compromise, after centuries of bickering. In order to achieve political unity, there needed to be religious unity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26935 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  1 John 4:1 compared to The No True Scotsman Fallacy and sophisms Thomas Kelly252525 104 13439 June 20, 2016 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7226 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12425 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Vatican can't spell Jesus! zebo-the-fat 15 4429 October 13, 2013 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6694 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  Atheists: Can you disprove the resurrection or Jesus' existence? nicholas5000 142 48687 December 19, 2011 at 9:30 am
Last Post: ThomM
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7380 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  can somebody pleease tell me HOW jesus was 'anointed'? nickos777 7 2682 May 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist