Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spielberg making a provocative movie?
Spielberg making a provocative movie?
It seems Spielberg, after many years, is finally making a movie that might interest me The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara (2017)

Just read storyline from imdb:
"The Kidnapping Of Edgardo Mortara recounts the story of a young Jewish boy in Bologna, Italy in 1858 who, having been secretly baptized, is forcibly taken from his family to be raised as a Christian. His parents' struggle to free their son becomes part of a larger political battle that pits the Papacy against forces of democracy and Italian unification."

I also hope that this will finally encourage other people to make movies about how Church oppressed Jews during the history.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Spielberg making a provocative movie?
Christians fucking with other people is a rich vein for story inspiration
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Schindler's list was provocative too, since it presented the good German saving a lot of jewish lives. That Spielberg didn't do anything of value since then (don't give me that patriotic bullshit of private Ryan, please) doesn't mean he's afraid of doing controversial movies.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Interesting.
(August 31, 2016 at 2:15 pm)abaris Wrote: Schindler's list was provocative too, since it presented the good German saving a lot of jewish lives. That Spielberg didn't do anything of value since then (don't give me that patriotic bullshit of private Ryan, please) doesn't mean he's afraid of doing controversial movies.

He directed quite a few movies of value since then. Maybe not provocative ones, but Minority Report, Catch me if you can, and Lincoln are all good movies. I rather enjoy his recent kids movies as well (like the BFG).  I guess it depends on how you define movies of value.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(August 31, 2016 at 2:47 pm)Aroura Wrote: He directed quite a few movies of value since then. Maybe not provocative ones, but Minority Report, Catch me if you can, and Lincoln are all good movies. I rather enjoy his recent kids movies as well (like the BFG).  I guess it depends on how you define movies of value.

AI and Minority Report, probably. By value I meant provocative and not mainstream blockbuster material. Catch me if you can was entertaining but not material for thought. Lincoln more or less followed the legend and not reality.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
and if he can keep Haley Joel Osment out of it . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:I also hope that this will finally encourage other people to make movies about how Church oppressed Jews during the history.

Oh but didn't one of the pious cocksuckers apologize for all that.  They seem to think that makes it all better.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie Trailer heads up thread. Gawdzilla Sama 445 33314 April 14, 2024 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ironic movie pairing. Gawdzilla Sama 1 530 November 10, 2023 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Favorite horror movie MR. Macabre 666 13 1069 June 14, 2023 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Your Favorite Religious Movie ? The Architect Of Fate 25 2477 November 24, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Uberpod
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2613 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Movie plot holes "Diehard 2"........... Brian37 10 1331 July 15, 2021 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The jarjar binks of a movie tackattack 19 1267 November 4, 2020 at 11:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1941 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Watch Suggestions for TV and Movie Streamers Shell B 50 3496 October 2, 2019 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Mouse Guard movie Fake Messiah 1 416 June 26, 2019 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama