Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution in action.
Evolution in action.
You want "proof" of evolution.
Well here ya go.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2016/...ent-845647

RE: Evolution in action.
Good experimental design!
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(September 11, 2016 at 8:36 pm)Mermaid Wrote: Good experimental design!

Ikr.

Very nice, bet it won't convince the creationists though.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 13, 2016 at 1:22 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Very nice, bet it won't convince the creationists though.

Convinced of what exactly?    All the video shows, is that some bacteria survived and multiplied (it doesn't tell us anything about why or how).  

Also, I don't think that this is all that controversial.  Bacteria have been resistant to antibiotics for millions of years.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22509370

As well as bacteria being well suited to such things.  For instance morphological plasticity particularly when under stress.

Again, I don't think what was shown here, is very controversial.
Ever heard about the microbes that live exclusively on nylon?
U stupd atheists(devil wrshprs) think creationists dunt kno abt micro-evlution? Dahahahaha!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(September 13, 2016 at 2:17 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(September 13, 2016 at 1:22 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Very nice, bet it won't convince the creationists though.

Convinced of what exactly?    All the video shows, is that some bacteria survived and multiplied (it doesn't tell us anything about why or how).  

Also, I don't think that this is all that controversial.  Bacteria have been resistant to antibiotics for millions of years.

As well as bacteria being well suited to such things.  For instance morphological plasticity particularly when under stress.

Again, I don't think what was shown here, is very controversial.

Not all bacteria has been resistant only small groups of spieces are, a petri dish somewhere in Russia per se.
And it shows that the bacteria evolved to become resistant to the antibodies. 

AAlso If bacteria was resistant,  you probably wouldn't live too long. 

Use controversy in the right context next time

(September 11, 2016 at 8:32 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: You want "proof" of evolution.
Well here ya go.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2016/...ent-845647

PFFFFFFFFFT, it's just bacteria in a Petri dish. How would you explain it happening to multicellular life, huh?!??!!?!? Do you see everybody in Petri dishes all the time??? I think not!!!! That's because of Allah(SWT)!!!!! He blessed the earth for life to exist, that's why we can't survive in space without the blessing of ALLLLLUUUUUUH!!!!!!!!!!
(September 13, 2016 at 2:17 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Convinced of what exactly?    All the video shows, is that some bacteria survived and multiplied (it doesn't tell us anything about why or how).

Well, given that the bacteria didn't grow beyond the initial boundary, before rapidly spreading, does seem to suggest that they underwent some sort of change don't you think? Unless you think that there is another reason why the bacteria didn't grow on the antibiotic at first, but then suddenly were able to?

Quote:Also, I don't think that this is all that controversial.  Bacteria have been resistant to antibiotics for millions of years.

Again, the video shows they weren't resistant to this particular antibiotic. If they were, they would not have stopped or even slowed down when they reached the agar that was in contact with it. The antibiotic prevented the bacteria from growing past it, until one of the bacteria developed a mutation which gave it resistance.

Quote:Again, I don't think what was shown here, is very controversial.

I agree, it's not controversial, because evolution is already accepted as scientific. However plenty of people do not believe in evolution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30308 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evolution in action Phil 105 32461 May 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: ElDinero
  Evolution in Action- Revealed! Erinome 25 10904 January 27, 2012 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Evolution in Action Minimalist 12 4110 September 13, 2010 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Evolution in action? Octopus using a tool. Oldandeasilyconfused 30 11932 January 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet