Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Evolution in Action- Revealed!
Evolution in Action- Revealed!
Quote:While the distribution for the genetically distinct species overlaps along the northern and eastern Australian coastline, the finding that they mated and produced offspring is unprecedented, according to the discovery team from the University of Queensland.

http://futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com/_news/...me_oneline

The fundies got what they asked for! Evolution in action! Now how will they try to explain this in biblical terms?

RE: Evolution in Action- Revealed!
Pearl before swine.
Pfffft, show me a Crocoduck and we'll talk.
How about a platypus? lol

Oh you know those biblical literalists and evangelicals.
They believe in bullshit. They'll figure a way to bullshit this to conform with their other bullshit.

You obviously can't use blasphemous things like "facts" or "evidence" with these idiots.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(January 3, 2012 at 6:01 pm)aleialoura Wrote: How about a platypus? lol

You know, that's actually not a bad idea. Next time someone wonders why we don't see crockoducks in nature...

"I'll see your crockoduck, and raise you.... the otterduckbeaver!"

In a strange coincidence, that one was created right after God invented wacky weed.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(January 4, 2012 at 3:53 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:

In a strange coincidence, that one was created right after God invented wacky weed.

I can just picture YHWH and Lucifer kicking back, passing a blunt of the finest Roman Red, giggling uncontrollably while they're trying to come up with the most fucked up ideas for animals to create.

Clearly, the platypus was the winner.

I will take your otterduckbeaver and ...

...behold! The indescribable Owlbear.

[Image: Owl_Bear_by_BenWootten.jpg]

I know it exists because I have stats for it in my monster manual. Be careful around them. They're a challenge rating 4.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(January 4, 2012 at 4:06 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: I know it exists because I have stats for it in my monster manual. Be careful around them. They're a challenge rating 4.

Sacred scripture
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution in action. ScienceAf 113 20760 September 28, 2016 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30128 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evolution in action Phil 105 32294 May 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: ElDinero
  Colossal pliosaur fossil secrets revealed by CT scanner Darwinian 4 2395 December 23, 2010 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Evolution in Action Minimalist 12 4091 September 13, 2010 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Evolution in action? Octopus using a tool. Oldandeasilyconfused 30 11760 January 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet