Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hangover free alcohol on the way
Hangover free alcohol on the way
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ha..._hp_ref=uk

Quote:Alcosynth mimics the effects of regular alcohol by making drinkers feel tipsy and more chatty, but according to its creator, the drink doesn’t cause any form of hangover. 

I'm willing to give this a try.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Hangover free alcohol on the way
I like how the estimated timeline is 'by 2050.' That's a hell of a time to wait >.>
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 23, 2016 at 12:24 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I like how the estimated timeline is 'by 2050.'  That's a hell of a time to wait >.>

Well the scientists are all pissed so the progress will be slow.

Have you ever woken up with an alcohol free hangover? Sometimes I have all the symptoms without the good night before.

(September 23, 2016 at 12:24 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I like how the estimated timeline is 'by 2050.'  That's a hell of a time to wait >.>

Time to work up a thirst!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

F*ck alcohol. Let me know, when they invent hangover-free weed. Oh, that's right - that's just weed. Tongue

I'll never understand reasons, why people still choose to poison themselves with alcohol. Other than alcoholism, I suppose.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(September 23, 2016 at 1:13 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: F*ck alcohol. Let me know, when they invent hangover-free weed. Oh, that's right - that's just weed. Tongue

I'll never understand reasons, why people still choose to poison themselves with alcohol. Other than alcoholism, I suppose.

As I recall, you get a very dry mouth and need to add tobacco. There is also the matter of obtaining the stuff, once my friends were sold an oxo cube that was passed off as cannabis, oh how they laughed at the meaty smelling spliff they had made.

If it merely mimics the effects of alcohol... I don't know. I'll wait to see how good of a job it does at that. A lot can change in 30 years. It seems ridiculous to me to talk about that particular invention that might take place in the year 2050.
(September 23, 2016 at 1:13 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: F*ck alcohol. Let me know, when they invent hangover-free weed. Oh, that's right - that's just weed. Tongue

Isn't it cheaper than weed? Beer is, certainly.
(September 23, 2016 at 1:20 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:

Isn't it cheaper than weed? Beer is, certainly.

Not around here it isn't. Enough to last me a couple of weeks costs about the same as two-three six packs of decent beer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why smart machines are a threat to the way humanity currently exists ThoughtCurvature 3 884 September 5, 2017 at 5:08 am
Last Post: ThoughtCurvature
  The Only Way To Stop A Bad Guy With A Club Minimalist 5 1269 January 21, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The milky way galaxy dyresand 25 3895 October 24, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Kennewick Man Study On The Way Minimalist 4 1468 September 1, 2014 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Star Milky Way Could Contain 100 Million Planets with Complex Life MountainsWinAgain 3 1260 June 1, 2014 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Is science the only way to knowledge? Vincenzo Vinny G. 115 25551 November 29, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: JDFlood
  A, O, Oh way to go, Ohio Epimethean 16 2792 October 9, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  By way of introduction... orogenicman 2 1120 October 14, 2010 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: orogenicman