Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Prophesies in the Bible
Prophesies in the Bible
You know there are many prophesies in the Bible, some were fulfilled and some are to be fulfilled. Such are the claims anyway.

I'd like to read something about them in my leisure time. And now I have to go back to work
RE: Prophesies in the Bible
The Mormons spilled the beans on how the religious prophecy racket works. Suffice to say, it's all bogus.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I have a prophecy.

Wherever you go...

There you are.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I foresee that my mail will come today.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 3, 2016 at 10:33 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I foresee that my mail will come today.

Yeah, but it's trivial.
What about prophesy of resurrection?
Resurrection is awesome
Easy to write a prophecy after the fact.
(October 3, 2016 at 12:45 pm)mcolafson Wrote:
(October 3, 2016 at 10:33 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I foresee that my mail will come today.

Yeah, but it's trivial.
What about prophesy of resurrection?
Resurrection is awesome

You must get inconsequential mail.

Resurrection? Meh. There are frogs that do it every spring.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 3, 2016 at 12:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Easy to write a prophecy after the fact.

Well, that is what I want to know.
When a book was written (and probably who wrote them).
How do they figure out if a book was written before or after the fact
Let's take one of the jesus freaks' all time favs from the OT.  Daniel.

Scholars - real scholars, not churchy fucks running their mouths - have figured out that it was written in 167 BC because the historical events prior to 167 happened and the events after 167 did not.  Antiochus, for example, did not return and conquer Egypt - the Romans had famously humiliated him on his second go-round with that - he did not set up his royal pavilion in Central Palestine and "god" did not destroy him and the  Seleucid Empire - which remained extant until Gnaeus Pompeiius Magnus came rolling through and gave it the coup de grace in 64 BC.  As a matter of fact, Antiochus died fighting the Parthians in 164 BC and, his empire continued for another century.

So much for fucking "Daniel."
(October 3, 2016 at 1:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Let's take one of the jesus freaks' all time favs from the OT.  Daniel.

Scholars - real scholars, not churchy fucks running their mouths - have figured out that it was written in 167 BC because the historical events prior to 167 happened and the events after 167 did not.  Antiochus, for example, did not return and conquer Egypt - the Romans had famously humiliated him on his second go-round with that - he did not set up his royal pavilion in Central Palestine and "god" did not destroy him and the  Seleucid Empire - which remained extant until Gnaeus Pompeiius Magnus came rolling through and gave it the coup de grace in 64 BC.  As a matter of fact, Antiochus died fighting the Parthians in 164 BC and, his empire continued for another century.

So much for fucking "Daniel."

Nice, please tell us more about these prophesies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 43902 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7404 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Prophesies - Very Interesting Revelation777 56 10410 July 31, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Existence of Israel is fulfillment of Biblical prophesies theophilus 103 46213 July 11, 2010 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: annatar