Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Existence of Israel is fulfillment of Biblical prophesies
Existence of Israel is fulfillment of Biblical prophesies
If you want evidence that the Bible is true all you have to do is look at a map of the Middle East. There you will see a country called Israel, which has come back into existence after an absence of more than 1800 years.

If you study the Bible you will find that God warned the Jews that if they sinned they would be scattered among the nations. This happened after they rejected Jesus as being the Messiah God had promised. But even while they were wanderers without a home of their own God still protected them from being destroyed or assimilated into the nations where they lived and enabled them to preserve their language and culture. He did this because he had also promised to regather them to their own land at the end of the age. This began to happen when the nation of Israel was established.

You can find out more of what the Bible says about their present return here:

http://www.arielm.org/dcs/pdf/mbs189m.pdf

If you want to learn more details about the history of the Jews I recommend that you read God, Jews, and History by Max I. Dimont
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

RE: Existence of Israel is fulfillment of Biblical prophesies
[Image: originals_bullshit1_ranndino.jpg]
Israel's existence owes more to Hitler and the fact that European nations were only too happy to make the jews someone else's problem.

Hitler has one advantage over your fucking god. At least he was real.
(June 25, 2010 at 12:40 pm)theophilus Wrote: If you want evidence that the Bible is true all you have to do is look at a map of the Middle East. There you will see a country called Israel, which has come back into existence after an absence of more than 1800 years.

If you study the Bible you will find that God warned the Jews that if they sinned they would be scattered among the nations. This happened after they rejected Jesus as being the Messiah God had promised. But even while they were wanderers without a home of their own God still protected them from being destroyed or assimilated into the nations where they lived and enabled them to preserve their language and culture. He did this because he had also promised to regather them to their own land at the end of the age. This began to happen when the nation of Israel was established.

You can find out more of what the Bible says about their present return here:

http://www.arielm.org/dcs/pdf/mbs189m.pdf

If you want to learn more details about the history of the Jews I recommend that you read God, Jews, and History by Max I. Dimont

And a broken clock is right twice a day. Christians have been spouting this nonsense since 1947. Also, taking your silly little "prophecy" to it's logical conclusion means god planned the Holocaust.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(June 25, 2010 at 12:40 pm)theophilus Wrote: If you want evidence that the Bible is true all you have to do is look at a map of the Middle East. There you will see a country called Israel, which has come back into existence after an absence of more than 1800 years.
Quoting the Bible as proof of the Bible is not going to get you anywhere. That's equivalent of saying Spider-Man must be real because all we have do to is look at a map of North-eastern United States until we find on the Atlantic coast a place called "New York City".

And my eyeballs went black when I read your claim on the Land of Israel's age... I haven't seen such historical inaccuracy since the movie 300. Confused Fall
(June 25, 2010 at 1:17 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Quoting the Bible as proof of the Bible is not going to get you anywhere. That's equivalent of saying Spider-Man must be real because all we have do to is look at a map of North-eastern United States until we find on the Atlantic coast a place called "New York City".

I almost shot tea out of my nose when I read this.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(June 25, 2010 at 12:40 pm)theophilus Wrote:

On the other hand, if you want evidence that the bible is false, you could check out the writings of your namesake- Theophilus, the second-century christian bishop of Antioch (at the time the third largest city in the Roman Empire, so no backwater). Writings and other info available here.

Whats interesting about theophilus is that he gives a defence of christianity against paganism, complete with a potted history of the world, without mentioning jesus once. His explanation for the derivation of the word 'christian' is as follows:

Quote:And about your laughing at me and calling me "Christian," you know not what you are saying. First, because that which is anointed is sweet and serviceable, and far from contemptible. For what ship can be serviceable and seaworthy, unless it be first caulked [anointed]? Or what castle or house is beautiful and serviceable when it has not been anointed? And what man, when he enters into this life or into the gymnasium, is not anointed with oil? And what work has either ornament or beauty unless it be anointed and burnished? Then the air and all that is under heaven is in a certain sort anointed by light and spirit; and are you unwilling to be anointed with the oil of God? Wherefore we are called Christians on this account, because we are anointed with the oil of God.
Book 1 ch 12 of the Letter to Autolycus

Theophilus was clearly very well acquainted with the OT, but equally clearly had never even heard of jesus. Why not? Perhaps because jesus never actually existed- he was a literary device for re-telling the accumulated religious and moral sayings of the Hebrew people.

The bible is a collection of myths. Wake up and look at the facts.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote:If you study the Bible

I can't think of a bigger waste of fucking time.
thats really a funy idea..jewish people don't believe in jesus. But still they are getting rewarded? They killed jesus (if the rumor is true.) for god's sakeSmile
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
(June 25, 2010 at 1:33 pm)Caecilian Wrote: Theophilus was clearly very well acquainted with the OT, but equally clearly had never even heard of jesus. Why not? Perhaps because jesus never actually existed- he was a literary device for re-telling the accumulated religious and moral sayings of the Hebrew people.

The bible is a collection of myths. Wake up and look at the facts.

Jesus a clever literary device... Not the strongest position to take I am afraid, I am a biased "oily one" though.
Don't associate me with the sensational Christian Zionist camp either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2111 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rebuke on Biblical Prophecy Narishma 12 1457 May 28, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 2874 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10676 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22325 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14581 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5171 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Prophesies in the Bible mcolafson 11 1629 October 3, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Biblical Date Rape chimp3 38 6748 July 29, 2016 at 10:35 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Biblical Incest Foxaèr 35 6314 July 19, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13