Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Oliver...Spotlight on Johnson and Stein
John Oliver...Spotlight on Johnson and Stein
Someone had to say it and John Oliver is the man.   With all the Drumpfist nonsense going on as he quickly degenerates into full-blown crazy, someone had to expose these other two frauds.

Quote:“The more you look at Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, the more you realize the lack of coverage they complain about so much might have genuinely benefitted them, because their key proposals crumble under the slightest amount of scrutiny,” Oliver said.

https://youtu.be/k3O01EfM5fU
RE: John Oliver...Spotlight on Johnson and Stein
Wow, I've never heard Johnson speak.  He sounds like he escaped from the loony bin.
and Jill's music makes me want to drop my speakers in the fish tank.
If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
The one thing that surprises me is why William Weld would sign on with those turkeys.
(October 17, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The one thing that surprises me is why William Weld would sign on with those turkeys.

He looks like a hostage in that interview where Johnson is talking about getting rid of DoE and HUD. Jesus, they are better than Trump but not by much.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The dog shit I just wiped off my shoes is better than Drumpf.  So if you set the bar low enough even he might get over it.

I'll have to remember the hostage quip.  That's a good line.
I could make anyone look stupid if I could interpose my commentary line-by-line and shear off context.

<edit malfunction: intracranial short-circuit>

(October 18, 2016 at 3:54 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I could make anyone look stupid if I could interpose my commentary line-by-line and shear off context.

So he's supposed to ignore Johnson's act at the 10:35 mark?
(October 18, 2016 at 3:54 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I could make anyone look stupid if I could interpose my commentary line-by-line and shear off context.

Sure, but the point still stands that you don't have to make any of them look stupid. They do that just fine on their own.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Jill stein is not a hard core anticancer, but is a proponent that parents chose, which skirts that issue and makes me think she is secretly an anti vaxxer. Johnson is a conspiracy nut.

So much for all that 3rd party talk....all the choices have some massive flaws.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Bolton Is A Bum BrianSoddingBoru4 20 1755 June 19, 2020 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  John Oliver And The Chaos in Washington Minimalist 3 832 October 9, 2017 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Trump names John Kelly to replace The Reince as WH Chief of Staff c172 16 3835 July 29, 2017 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  John Oliver on Jared and Ivanka Minimalist 0 693 April 24, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  John Oliver Discusses The French Election Minimalist 13 3571 April 19, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  John Key resigns as PM of New Zealand c172 13 1855 December 6, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Gary Johnson: Trump's a pussy CapnAwesome 37 5150 August 4, 2016 at 6:27 pm
  Jill Stein Insanity AFTT47 30 3155 August 1, 2016 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1819 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  John Oliver on Congressional Fundraising Minimalist 2 516 April 5, 2016 at 8:51 pm