Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDoS attack: Twitter, Spotify, Paypal and more
DDoS attack: Twitter, Spotify, Paypal and more
Any of you dealing with this? The web's been weird for me this morning. Click link.

https://www.facebook.com/DeFrancoNation/...7955184407

I thought I heard New Hampshire involved in this somehow (live free or die, amirite?). I know their main TV station, WMUR, is offline as of maybe 30 min. ago.

Definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-...ted_attack
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: DDoS attack: Twitter, Spotify, Paypal and more
Here's another source.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-sp...ck-2016-10
That link redirects to Yahoo!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I hadn't any problem with paypal this morning. Since I'm not on Shitter or assbook, I couldn't tell.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I don't use Twitter too much, because I guess I don't care enough to figure out the proper way to use it, if there even is one.

Seems it's back to normal, no?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 21, 2016 at 4:05 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I don't use Twitter too much, because I guess I don't care enough to figure out the proper way to use it, if there even is one.

Word on the street is that the outage lasted about 30 minutes.
(October 21, 2016 at 4:05 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I don't use Twitter too much, because I guess I don't care enough to figure out the proper way to use it, if there even is one.

No. It redirects to Yahoo. 

Once my cleaning lady goes, I can turn on CNN. I'm sure Wolf is on it. This is one of those things that is big, in a sense, but it's devastating to those who use certain sites, and completely ignorable by those that don't. But it does open up the convo about cybersecurity. What if, say, major city hospital intranets were affected? Etc, etc.
Nice.

One of you children needs to teach me how to use Twitter properly.

To me it's just an overload of information. Don't know a good way to pare it down without unfollowing accounts.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
That's what you need to do regularly. No getting past that. Follow one account, unfollow another that became irrelevant or problematic.
twitter Wrote:TheAnonMessage ‏@TheAnonnMessage  6m6 minutes ago

BREAKING ALERT: DYN is confirming a third DDOS attack is underway.

Just a few mins ago.

But...that means Twitter is working. We'll see what develops.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 432 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump back on Twitter? onlinebiker 13 645 April 26, 2022 at 2:29 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 483 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1633 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 476 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 888 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 411 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8173 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1349 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Terror attack in Melbourne this arvo. ignoramus 19 1520 November 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: no one