Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump back on Twitter?
Trump back on Twitter?
With Musk in charge - will Trump be allowed back?
RE: Trump back on Twitter?
I don't know about Trump but I guess that Musk has given up on Mars because if you give $44 billion to buy Twitter how much do you have left for the Mars program?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I wondered the same thing. Especially since it appears that Trump's extra special social media platform failed spectacularly.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 25, 2022 at 3:36 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: I don't know about Trump but I guess that Musk has given up on Mars because if you give $44 billion to buy Twitter how much do you have left for the Mars program?

After buying Twitter, Musk will have roughly $220 billion left over to buy enough congresspersons to give him enough money to get to Mars.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Perhaps Trump is not necessarily coming back or the flood of racists because it's not that they were banned because Twitter CEOs disliked them but because they were a legal liability. People can sue Twitter if it's displaying treats and hate speech towards people.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I hope so. I need some laughs.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(April 25, 2022 at 3:53 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Perhaps Trump is not necessarily coming back or the flood of racists because it's not that they were banned because Twitter CEOs disliked them but because they were a legal liability. People can sue Twitter if it's displaying treats and hate speech towards people.

Musk has claimed that Twitter is the de-facto public square.  If he can get the laws changed, Twitter won't be liable for anything that gets posted.
Before Elon Musk and Twitter got to a deal, House Republicans threatened the company's board with political retribution if they didn't sell. Gangsters.

https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-trum...government
I doubt it. For one thing, a spokesman for Twitter said:
Quote: 'Twitter is committed to impartiality in the development and enforcement of its policies and rules. Our policy decisions are not determined by the Board or shareholders, and we have no plans to reverse any policy decisions. As always our Board plays an important advisory and feedback role across the entirety of our service. Our day to day operations and decisions are made by Twitter management and employees.

And it turns out the feeling's mutual because Trump's still trying to make Truth work. That said, things seem to have improved since he put it in the cloud.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 25, 2022 at 5:20 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Before Elon Musk and Twitter got to a deal, House Republicans threatened the company's board with political retribution if they didn't sell. Gangsters.

https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-trum...government

Gotta love those ‘free market’ types.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assad is back, the monster is back. WinterHold 12 843 May 19, 2023 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1656 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 893 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Trump quits twitter because of "Trolls" WinterHold 6 843 April 1, 2018 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  50% of Trumps Twitter followers are fake Foxaèr 17 5159 June 14, 2017 at 4:40 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Milo Yiannopoulos; the man twitter banned got a book deal. Currently #2 on Amazon. ErGingerbreadMandude 182 14184 February 3, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  DDoS attack: Twitter, Spotify, Paypal and more c172 15 2975 October 22, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Brian37