Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASPCA commercials
ASPCA commercials
I'm sure you have all seen them. The cruelty that they show I can't stand to watch. They pull at the heart strings in a very extreme way. And all that you hear is save, rescue, hope, love, .....................

But wait. What is their position on euthanasia? They seem to skip over that. Here it is.

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-poli...euthanasia

https://www.avma.org/KB/Policies/Documen...anasia.pdf

Don't think for a second that they have a "no kill" policy. Understand what your donations may be supporting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: ASPCA commercials
and the alternative?

(disclaimer: I have 2 rescue kitties now, and all the house cats ever here have been rescues or promoted farm cats)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 26, 2016 at 2:42 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: and the alternative?

(disclaimer: I have 2 rescue kitties now, and all the house cats ever here have been rescues or promoted farm cats)

The local Humane Society operates no-kill shelters.
the nearby shelter I donate towels, supplies and money to barely has enough money to keep the lights on. Not sure how warehousing tens, hundreds, thousands of animals could be accomplished.

It's a rural area, the shelter is having a time making the locals appreciate the need for it . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I never understood the existence of kill shelters anyway. We don't have them. If an animal gets picked up from the street it is cared for until a new owner takes it and not until some arbitrary period of time to throw it away like garbage. Our shelters are rather full, but thankfully there are people donating to keep them going.

Like some other things in American society - don't get me wrong in saying this - it seems barbaric to me.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I'm not saying that euthanasia does not have it's place. I am saying that when I donate money/time/materials it will be to a no kill shelter. My tax dollars support enough that euthanasia.  
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 26, 2016 at 3:53 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I'm not saying that euthanasia does not have it's place.

It only has it's place when the animal is terminally ill.
I lived next to a military base which was awful for shelters. In the military there are so many that decide to just leave their pets when getting stationed elsewhere so the shelters are always full. It comes down to either let all the pets go hungry or put down some that haven't been adopted in awhile. People come in left and right to adopt but it still isn't enough to let the shelters not be over capacitated. I would donate to the ASPCA every month when I had more income and whenever I have extra blankets or such I give them to the shelters but not enough people care for there not to be kill shelters. I hate it but I understand. I would rather the dog put down quietly than live in a cage half fed and never loved. The shelter people can only do so much Sad
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(October 26, 2016 at 4:27 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I lived next to a military base which was awful for shelters. In the military there are so many that decide to just leave their pets when getting stationed elsewhere so the shelters are always full. It comes down to either let all the pets go hungry or put down some that haven't been adopted in awhile.

You know we manage in a country of roughly 8 million people. To say there aren't funds in one of the richest countries if not the richest country in the world to sustain these animals for a few months or a year is a revelation are.
It's possible but people don't care enough. It's not the kill shelter's fault it's the population's fault. The animal deaths lay on the shoulders of the people not the ones doing the killing. We need to teach people to spay and neuter their animals, give more to shelters, and take care of their pets instead of abandoning them.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commercials you like rado84 23 2771 July 17, 2015 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Cato
  Super Bowl commercials Drich 38 7055 February 7, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Shaggy
  At Midnight, Loud TV Commercials Will Go Away thesummerqueen 8 2225 December 14, 2012 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Pro-Lifers are Hijacking the Superbowl Commercials Erinome 18 3881 January 12, 2012 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Funny adverts/commercials Ace Otana 8 3414 April 18, 2011 at 4:05 am
Last Post: Rayaan