Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl commercials
Super Bowl commercials
What if any Super Bowl commercial did you like the most or had a problem with.

I really liked the radio shack commercial because it addressed its stereotypical image, made fun of itself and set itself up with a new one.

The one I had a problem with was the Cheerios add. The one were the black dad, white(ish?) mom and mulato daughter are being represented with 3 of the original Cheerios on the table, and the dad adds another to tell the daughter they will be adding a son.
RE: Super Bowl commercials
(February 3, 2014 at 12:14 am)Drich Wrote: The one I had a problem with was the Cheerios add. The one were the black dad, white(ish?) mom and mulato daughter are being represented with 3 of the original Cheerios on the table, and the dad adds another to tell the daughter they will be adding a son.

Really? This is offensive? How?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKuQrKeGe6g
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I can watch it again, how do you think?

Black guy, white (ish) woman mulato little girl... All represented by 3 white Cheerios..

This was a little all a little too insensitive for me.

They should have used multi grain Cheerios.

Brown for the dad, white for mom, and the tan ones for the kids.
So highlighting the perceived racial overtones, rather than making no comment about them?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yeah, sometimes you should discuss race, sometimes you kinda need to ignore it. I think this commercial was the later.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(February 3, 2014 at 12:39 am)Stimbo Wrote: So highlighting the perceived racial overtones, rather than making no comment about them?

Big Grin

Nuupe.

I'm a product of an interracial marriage. Why would I crap on one? I just thought it a little insensitive for them to use all white Cheerios..

I know you were looking for another quote for your other website.. Maybe you could just cut up the op and misrepresent what I said, that way y'all will have something to cluck and fuss over.
I'm not seeing the problem they're cute
(February 3, 2014 at 12:51 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I'm not seeing the problem they're cute

ROFLOL

Did you have a fav commercial?
I did like the Radio Shack commercial, in large part because I could identify all of the characters in it.

I also liked the ones from Cure Auto Insurance, especially the one that parodied Richard Sherman's "I'm the best corner" interview.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 3, 2014 at 12:49 am)Drich Wrote: Big Grin

Nuupe.

I'm a product of an interracial marriage. Why would I crap on one? I just thought it a little insensitive for them to use all white Cheerios..

Ah; then maybe the problem is in your perception. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, y'know.

(February 3, 2014 at 12:49 am)Drich Wrote: I know you were looking for another quote for your other website.. Maybe you could just cut up the op and misrepresent what I said, that way y'all will have something to cluck and fuss over.

Wow, where did that come from?

You "know", do you? Then you know wrong. Maybe you could twist my commentary on what you said and misrepresent what you perceive to be my motives. After all, I know how desperate you and your fellows are to have something over which to cluck and fuss. If the only way you can get those jollies is to ad hom me, good for you. Very sad, though.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1733 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 576 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Uselss skills/qualifications! (#2) [NOT SUPER SERIOUS] ignoramus 44 2076 May 2, 2019 at 8:56 am
  [NOTSERIOUS] Super heroes that need to be filmed. Gawdzilla Sama 12 984 February 9, 2019 at 3:10 pm
  Super Bowl Sunday! chimp3 8 1068 February 5, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ever wonder what the admins of this site do in their super secret hidden forum? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 9913 January 10, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  ASPCA commercials brewer 13 1192 October 26, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do You Ever Wish You Were A Super Villain? AkiraTheViking 19 3475 May 20, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Home Bowl Bob Kelso 6 1329 February 6, 2016 at 10:28 am
Last Post: brewer
  Commercials you like rado84 23 2771 July 17, 2015 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Cato