Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information always arises from intelligence
Information always arises from intelligence
or does it?
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4 hath blinded the minds of them which believe not
RE: Information always arises from intelligence
What the hell is this suppose to imply?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 30, 2016 at 3:47 pm)goombah111 Wrote: or does it?

It appears to be your hypothesis. Feel free to support it. It might help to define your terms first.
(October 30, 2016 at 3:53 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: What the hell is this suppose to imply?

well, if you look real close...it implies that information...arises...from intelligence.

and a question follows. "or does it?" i would like an answer. get to work slave
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4 hath blinded the minds of them which believe not
Or the lack thereof.

[Image: trump_supporters_shirts.jpg]
(October 30, 2016 at 3:56 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 30, 2016 at 3:47 pm)goombah111 Wrote: or does it?

It appears to be your hypothesis.  Feel free to support it.  It might help to define your terms first.

Information: what is conveyed or represented by a particular arrangement or sequence of things.
(October 30, 2016 at 3:59 pm)goombah111 Wrote:
(October 30, 2016 at 3:56 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: It appears to be your hypothesis.  Feel free to support it.  It might help to define your terms first.

Information: what is conveyed or represented by a particular arrangement or sequence of things.

You're halfway there.
One of our two cats has an unimportant mutation - polydactyly. That is to say, he has more information on his right hind foot than the other cat does on hers.  It's hard to see the role of intelligence in the existence of two extra toes, unless you're willing to posit the existence of a god who can take time out from sustaining an entire universe in order to mutate a mongrel cat in a small town.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 30, 2016 at 4:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: One of our two cats has an unimportant mutation - polydactyly. That is to say, he has more information on his right hind foot than the other cat does on hers.  It's hard to see the role of intelligence in the existence of two extra toes, unless you're willing to posit the existence of a god who can take time out from sustaining an entire universe in order to mutate a mongrel cat in a small town.

Boru

Inb4 "that's not information".
(October 30, 2016 at 4:34 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(October 30, 2016 at 4:05 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: One of our two cats has an unimportant mutation - polydactyly. That is to say, he has more information on his right hind foot than the other cat does on hers.  It's hard to see the role of intelligence in the existence of two extra toes, unless you're willing to posit the existence of a god who can take time out from sustaining an entire universe in order to mutate a mongrel cat in a small town.

Boru

Inb4 "that's not information".

Ta, but I was waiting for it. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 123400 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6654 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why are angels always males? Fake Messiah 63 5659 October 9, 2021 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5212 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2005 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The purpose of human life is probably to create "Artificial General Intelligence" uncool 45 8903 February 1, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Why do religious people always refer to God for answers. Prince 12 3697 June 1, 2015 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Information on failed prophecy KUSA 9 1794 June 26, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Evolution, Intelligence, Suggestibility and Religion Bipolar Bob 5 2214 November 17, 2013 at 3:43 am
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Is killing a Pastor always a bad thing? Mystical 85 22885 November 9, 2013 at 8:51 am
Last Post: T.J.