Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrests at Million Mask March
Arrests at Million Mask March
The march was mainly against capitalism, according to the article. I am not the slightest bit surprised there were arrests. Refusing to remove your mask when an officer asks you to and possessing drugs isn't really going to work out well for you...

Link to article here.

Quote:Thousands of masked protesters have descended on central London for the annual Million Mask March.

Supporters of Anonymous, the anarchic hacking collective, are wearing Guy Fawkes masks at the event in central London to protest against capitalism and promote civil liberties.

While most opted for a Guy Fawkes mask, some protesters dressed in Darth Vader helmets, while others were wrapped in scarves.

Police have made 10 arrests so far, including two for obstruction after they refused to remove their masks for police, one for possession of an offensive weapon and six for possession of drugs.

The protest began peacefully but there were angry scenes as the procession continued, with police forming a ring of steel outside Parliament. Officers stood firm, telling the protesters to stay within the boundaries.
RE: Arrests at Million Mask March
I read about it.

The arrests aren't even mentioned in other news. They only talk about 20.000 participating. I guess ten arrests in a crowd of nearly 20.000 isn't really noteworthy. 0,5 promille, if I'm not mistaken.

It's also Guy Fawkes day. They edited the article by now. Now they speak of 33 arrests, mainly for drugs. Nothing on the masks which don't seem to bother anyone much. It's guy Fawkes after all.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 5, 2016 at 6:29 pm)abaris Wrote: I read about it.

The arrests aren't even mentioned in other news. They only talk about 20.000 participating. I guess ten arrests in a crowd of nearly 20.000 isn't really noteworthy. 0,5 promille, if I'm not mistaken.

It's also Guy Fawkes day. They edited the article by now. Now they speak of 33 arrests, mainly for drugs. Nothing on the masks which don't seem to bother anyone much. It's guy Fawkes after all.

Yeah, they've never had a million participate in any of the marches here. It was a lot worse last year or the year before when it broke out into violence with fireworks and objects being thrown at officers though.
(November 5, 2016 at 6:14 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: The march was mainly against capitalism, according to the article. I am not the slightest bit surprised there were arrests. Refusing to remove your mask when an officer asks you to and possessing drugs isn't really going to work out well for you...

Link to article here.

Quote:Thousands of masked protesters have descended on central London for the annual Million Mask March.

Supporters of Anonymous, the anarchic hacking collective, are wearing Guy Fawkes masks at the event in central London to protest against capitalism and promote civil liberties.

While most opted for a Guy Fawkes mask, some protesters dressed in Darth Vader helmets, while others were wrapped in scarves.

Police have made 10 arrests so far, including two for obstruction after they refused to remove their masks for police, one for possession of an offensive weapon and six for possession of drugs.

The protest began peacefully but there were angry scenes as the procession continued, with police forming a ring of steel outside Parliament. Officers stood firm, telling the protesters to stay within the boundaries.

Now that's one damn fine illusion. Ghost of Jasper Maskelyne assisting?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This just in: members of Anonymous react badly to the outside, fresh air, and sunlight.

Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Looks like it was a fun night out.  I bet the capitalism is working pretty well for the manufacturer of those guy fawkes masks right now.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I can't be the only one who thinks it's funny in a pathetic sort of way when an event billed as a "Million X March" misses that number by a couple orders of magnitude.
Quote:The Million Man March was a gathering en masse of African-American men in Washington, D.C., on October 16, 1995.

I am certain there were not a million people for that either.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 6, 2016 at 12:27 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I can't be the only one who thinks it's funny in a pathetic sort of way when an event billed as a "Million X March" misses that number by a couple orders of magnitude.

"The revolution will not be televised."

Is it just peculiar to me that I find the Guy Fawkes masks just as creepy and off putting as the Burger King ?

[Image: the-burger-king-722.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2098 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  17 Million Mink to be executed Foxaèr 9 398 November 6, 2020 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  "I can't wear a mask" "alternative products? Brian37 10 1053 September 24, 2020 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  " I helped nab Bin Laden , but can't wear a mask". Brian37 39 2254 August 23, 2020 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1648 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  I ain't wearing no mask.... onlinebiker 31 1238 July 15, 2020 at 6:17 pm
  Has anyone noticed the decrease in mask usage? TaraJo 40 1885 July 4, 2020 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  what do you guys think about this controversy surrounding the March for Life? Drich 46 2918 January 28, 2019 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Banksy painting self-destructs after selling at auction for $1.4 million Seraphina 6 811 October 7, 2018 at 7:53 am
  A $50 million fireworks display? Jehanne 14 1665 April 15, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Jehanne