Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banksy painting self-destructs after selling at auction for $1.4 million
Banksy painting self-destructs after selling at auction for $1.4 million
I thought it was a click-bait headline. But no, it really happened Friday. I think it's hilarious.
I wonder if the buyer (if there really was a buyer) will have to still fork over $1.4 million.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/06/arts/...e=Homepage

I also saw an online story that Banksy placed a blow-up doll dressed like a Guantanamo detainee in Disneyland in 2006.

Banksy, whoever you are, come to my city and do a mural!

-Teresa
RE: Banksy painting self-destructs after selling at auction for $1.4 million
Ha, I saw it on tv. Even in it’s shredded state, the picture has probably tripled in value. Providing it’s not a stunt, if someone paid a million pounds it has turned out to be a really good investment.
(October 6, 2018 at 3:51 pm)Marozz Wrote: Ha, I saw it on tv. Even in it’s shredded state, the picture has probably tripled in value. Providing it’s not a stunt, if someone paid a million pounds it has turned out to be a really good investment.

I was just thinking that myself. If I were the buyer, better to keep it now!

-Teresa
(October 6, 2018 at 4:15 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:
(October 6, 2018 at 3:51 pm)Marozz Wrote: Ha, I saw it on tv. Even in it’s shredded state, the picture has probably tripled in value. Providing it’s not a stunt, if someone paid a million pounds it has turned out to be a really good investment.

-Teresa

If I was the buyer I might ask for a discount due to the damage caused    Hehe
I wonder if it was insured, and if it was, what were the terms and can they collect?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 6, 2018 at 4:15 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:

-Teresa

Now that it has 1000X the notoriety after being shredded, the buyer probably should. Provided that it was just straight line shredded, which appears to be the case. Where I used to work, documents to be destroyed were shredded wet and turned to paper pulp. Reconstruction of said documents would be problematic.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 6, 2018 at 5:31 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I wonder if it was insured, and if it was, what were the terms and can they collect?

Doubtful. The damage was intentional. Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4461 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1598 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
  BMW to build self driving motorcycle onlinebiker 12 714 July 9, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2711 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1502 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1636 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 994 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2070 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  17 Million Mink to be executed Foxaèr 9 396 November 6, 2020 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  It's a flat world after all. <-Disney, but SCARY! Brian37 63 4768 May 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye