Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longest Instrumental Electronica Song I ever Made
Longest Instrumental Electronica Song I ever Made
Here's a song I just finished:

It's the longest song I've ever made by far. Fully instrumental (I don't do singing) electronica. It's 34 minutes 11 seconds long... yes.

Took me 3 whole separate drafts. Never taken so long to make a song... normally I make a song in a few hours, this took multiple days, and longer than I thought it would be. It's only a few times larger than other long songs I have made but it took a lot more than a few times longer to make because it was so hard for me to arrange so many loops and keep it all interesting without crowding but also without sparseness.... keeping it layered and filled without getting boring but with minimal clashing and crowding.

All criticisms welcomed. I guess it's a synth-ony. But with plenty of heavy drum loops in it too.

All criticism welcomed besides "It's too long!" lol. Because yeah... it is what it is... I make this kind of stuff for fun.

I'm weird, I know, just like this song I made.

I felt like this deserved it's own thread... just because it's the biggest musical 'accomplishment' I've ever made in 13 years of making music for fun with no musical training.... so yeah, it's my biggest accomplishment even if it sucks.

I love criticism and encouragement. All comments welcome.
RE: Longest Instrumental Electronica Song I ever Made
Too much going on with this one in my opinion.
Possibly too much discordance.
Yeah this has a lot more layering than ever before. I can see how that could be too much going on. Was a fun experiment though.

There shouldn't be any discordance.

There's certainly a lot of dissonance.

Thank you very much for your input, Little Lunch Smile

Smile
I like working in extremes. It's simpler then to create an antithesis which extends creativity.

Like, my next piece of music can use small amounts of layering and lots of changes of theme. It can also use shorter melody loops rather than longer and perhaps some longer drum loops, some two bars long rather than one.

I love creating something quite over the top so I can experiment with its opposite and then finally combine the two.

In fact, my style of creativity is rather Hegelian then:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thesis,_an..._synthesis

This is a 34 minute Thesis. Next song won't be a full antithesis (It's not going to be the opposite in absolutely every way, that would be unworkable) but it will be rather antithetical, so I'll call it an Antithesis. Then the 3rd song will be a combination of the two, the Synthesis... that will be the new Thesis, call it Thesis 2.0, and then the next song will be Antithesis 2.0, and the song after that will be Synthesis 2.0, which will also be Thesis 3.0, and so on.

So yeah, it's experimentation. I know very well that this song may be overly crowded, overly long and rather absurd with the layering, and over repeitive... BUT I still enjoyed making it very much--and I actually enjoy very much listening to it... as self-absorbed as that may be, I rather like absurd layering... but also 100% of feedback I receive whether positive, negative or indifferent is all helpful to me--and I tried my best to reduce the overcrowding... and it's much about creating something to work from when I make my next song as it is a song in itself Big Grin

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."
― Leonardo Da Vinci
Hehe, thing is, I also fucking LOVE layering Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insane quality images made by AI. purplepurpose 11 2248 August 10, 2023 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A song that you hate The Valkyrie 33 2299 December 17, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2594 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  An 80s song that could apply to the past 4 years. Brian37 39 2171 November 25, 2020 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Yes, this IS a Buddy Holly Song....... Brian37 10 1034 June 13, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 590 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  As much as I love ABBA, this is my fav song..... Brian37 16 1672 January 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Challenge New, New year's song...... Brian37 0 217 January 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  THIS Is How You Update A Christmas Song! BrianSoddingBoru4 1 925 December 23, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Every so often I post my fav song... Brian37 14 942 December 7, 2018 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Maketakunai