Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vaccines both good and bad?
Vaccines both good and bad?
maybe they work but cause harm as well?

family guy just did ep on this.

id say sure, they work. but then again, im a conspiracy theorist.
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4 hath blinded the minds of them which believe not
RE: Vaccines both good and bad?
Medicine is always a weighing of risks. In the case of vaccines, the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. Vaccines are a civilizational necessity. Only in this generation which hasn't known the "family destroyer" whooping cough, polio or smallpox, is this even something people have the luxury to gripe about.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 14, 2016 at 5:16 am)Alex K Wrote: Medicine is always a weighing of risks. In the case of vaccines, the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. Vaccines are a civilizational necessity. Only in this generation which hasn't known the "family destroyer" whooping cough, polio or smallpox, is this even something people have the luxury to gripe about.

i dont think mercury needs to be in it. or other ingredients. excuses, excuses. so many excuses.

my theory is they make the virus, make the vaccine, release the virus, release the vaccine.

1. dependence
2. debilitation
"Satan, who is the god of this world" 2 Corinthians 4:4 hath blinded the minds of them which believe not
Mercury is not in vaccines for the same reason that oxygen is not in water. Once it is chemically combined, it is not the same substance anymore. This has been the biggest misunderstanding that started the whole anti-vax movement.

The "mercury" used in some vaccines is actually "thiomersal". Mercury is a single element, while thiomersal is a more complex molecule. Here's a visual of thiomersal for you.

[Image: 200px-Thiomersal.svg.png]
When you put a band-aid on my cut it hurts my boo boo Sad

Therefore all medicine is somewhat bad Sad

Tongue
(November 14, 2016 at 7:00 am)goombah111 Wrote:
(November 14, 2016 at 5:16 am)Alex K Wrote: Medicine is always a weighing of risks. In the case of vaccines, the benefits greatly outweigh the risks. Vaccines are a civilizational necessity. Only in this generation which hasn't known the "family destroyer" whooping cough, polio or smallpox, is this even something people have the luxury to gripe about.

i dont think mercury needs to be in it. or other ingredients. excuses, excuses. so many excuses.

That's a stupid propaganda talking point. It's like saying "do we really need Chlorine in our seasoning? Big Salt wants you to believe that!"

There is no link between Thiomersal and autism, and changing to vaccines without thiomersal which was done in serveral cases due to public pressure (not due to scientific reasoning) hasn't affected autism rates.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Vaccines cause autism? No.

Vaccines good and bad? Not really. Pretty much just good.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

When I realized the truth about the Kennedy assassination* back in the fucking 80s, all conspiracy theories came under my grave suspicions.

*Oswald, alone, in the book depository, with a Mannlicher Carcano. And thanks to Jim Moore for figuring it all out.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 14, 2016 at 4:41 am)goombah111 Wrote: maybe they work but cause harm as well?

family guy just did ep on this.

id say sure, they work. but then again, im a conspiracy theorist.

Seriously? An episode of 'Family Guy' is what prompted you to question vaccines? 'Family Guy'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 14, 2016 at 7:30 am)Jesster Wrote: Mercury is not in vaccines for the same reason that oxygen is not in water. Once it is chemically combined, it is not the same substance anymore. This has been the biggest misunderstanding that started the whole anti-vax movement.

The "mercury" used in some vaccines is actually "thiomersal". Mercury is a single element, while thiomersal is a more complex molecule. Here's a visual of thiomersal for you.

[Image: 200px-Thiomersal.svg.png]

OMG, it's got benzene in there too. Run away, run away!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you tan or burn? Or both. EgoDeath 39 3138 February 8, 2019 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1730 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 367 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve ignoramus 6 473 July 6, 2018 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2217 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How long can a Subway sandwich last in the refrigerator before it goes bad? Cthulhu Awakening 11 6480 December 24, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good person/bad person Catholic_Lady 82 10679 October 23, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Bad mornings are bad Losty 137 9816 October 7, 2016 at 9:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Some bad physics from Bishop John Shelby Spong. Jehanne 10 2368 September 25, 2016 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  need a little support - bad boss day drfuzzy 21 4785 February 28, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon