Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump on 60 Minutes
Trump on 60 Minutes
So here's Trump and his family being interviewed on 60 minutes. I haven't watched it yet, but am about to. Normally I would rather not listen to him talk, but I think this might be interesting, especially hearing what his family has to say about all this and how they can possibly defend him. Anyway, I'm hoping it's an unbiased source and that they ask him some good questions.  

Here's a transcript of the introduction: 

Quote:What we discovered in Mr. Trump’s first television interview as president-elect, was that some of his signature issues at the heart of his campaign were not meant to be taken literally, but as opening bids for negotiation.

Tonight, you will also hear from his family about whether they’ll play roles in a Trump presidency.

But we begin with President-elect Trump, whom we interviewed Friday in his penthouse home in the Trump Tower.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-d...ley-stahl/

Has anyone seen this yet? What do ya'll think?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Trump on 60 Minutes
His trying to be a nicer Trump, that's for sure. The way i see it, He is the President Elect whether we like it or not, so I hope he does a good job. I am worried about the Supreme court though, but maybe Ruth Joan Bader Ginsburg, who is 83 can hang on just a bit longer.

Manowar
(November 14, 2016 at 10:57 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Anyway, I'm hoping it's an unbiased source and that they ask him some good questions.  

ROFLOL
Kinda looks like the biggest victim of the biased media is the biased media.

They believed their own lies.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 14, 2016 at 11:21 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(November 14, 2016 at 10:57 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Anyway, I'm hoping it's an unbiased source and that they ask him some good questions.  

ROFLOL

Hey, one can hope....  Sleepy
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Taking forever for the video to start. Is this working for anyone else? I try again later.
(November 14, 2016 at 11:21 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: ROFLOL

Where do you get your unbiased news from?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 14, 2016 at 11:30 am)Whateverist Wrote: Taking forever for the video to start.  Is this working for anyone else?  I try again later.

It's working fine for me. Hopefully itll open up for you soon. They seem to be asking him the tough questions so far. I'm only about half way through.

-walsh
He changes his opinions more often than his underwear.

So now let's look at the staff he selects, his cabinet and advisors. That will talk louder and carry more truth than anything he's actually running his mouth on. It actually will show the direction he's headed in.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 14, 2016 at 11:48 am)abaris Wrote: He changes his opinions more often than his underwear.

So now let's look at the staff he selects, his cabinet and advisors. That will talk louder and carry more truth than anything he's actually running his mouth on. It actually will show the direction he's headed in.

He's already picked the head of the Republican National Committee to be his Chief of Staff.

To approximately quote an anonymous Trump campaigner, "He promised to drain the swamp, and he just hired the head alligator."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social democracy in Europe without 5 minutes Interaktive 1 591 January 3, 2023 at 4:55 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1059 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36904 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  60 Minutes interview with MBS WinterHold 7 1673 March 20, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Two minutes to midnight Jackalope 2 562 January 26, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3153 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4123 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1682 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1273 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32