Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for the next four years
Predictions for the next four years
Trump scares me.  Not just Trump, really, but politics in general.  Truth is, the electorate has a terrible memory.

Know why I don't vote Republican?  I remember what happened last time the voters listened to voices like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter: we elected Bush, a president that was such a failure that even his own party has been going out of their way to distance themselves from him.  I remember what happened with the last two democratic candidates: recessions were turned around and the economy improved.  

But here's what REALLY scared me: The white house, both houses of congress and the supreme court are all Republican.  Does anyone remember the last time that happened?  I do.  It was right after Bush won re-election in 2004.  The result was that gas prices skyrocketed, New Orleans was washed away and the Iraq war (which Bush and the entire Republican party campaigned on) drug on with no end in sight.  

Before that?  Before that, we had that kind of a majority in 2001, just prior to 9/11 happening.  

And before that?  Before that was a long time ago; 1928.  Who rememers what happened in 1929?

I guess the only potential good news is that the Republicans, back in the 20's, caused enough of a complete disaster that we actually got a president who pushed through reforms and laws and programs that helped middle and lower classes.  I just wish it didn't take such extreme disasters for us to realize how butt-fuckingly terrible everything gets with Republicans in charge.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Predictions for the next four years
As bad as my prognostications were about this last election cycle, I'm clearly unqualified to make any calls. I'm his gonna buckle my seatbelt, stow my folding tray table, and cross my fingers.

There is no way to know now what RL events are going to be transpiring while the Trump Team sets to dismantling Obamaism. If things are interesting in the Far East, or South America, realize, there is only so much time in a day, and tending flare ups is going to take time.

Having said that, I'm assuming pretty much everything that Obama did with an executive order can be neutralized with another. And then Trump could pen another XOR to direct the government to do the exact opposite of the one Obama issued.

Anything legislative is going to be handled 'business as usual' in the congress, and realize each and every bill is going to be subject to all manner of additional pork as the 'pubs there are going to get while the gettin' is good. Now, how much of this crapola can Trump stand, especially in view of his campaign promises to 'drain the swamp' ? Idunno but it will be hysterical if Trump has to veto some key legislation he championed because Congressman Fecalsucker want's a new interstate hiway in his district and stuck it in the bill.

Additionally, once the bureaucracy realizes Trump might be serious in cutting waste, redundancy, fraud, redundancy, abuse, stupidity, redundancy, theft redundancy and redundancy, all those administrators, bureaucrats, grunts, dweebs, lackeys, nimnuls, twerps, pills, idiots, loons, crooks, dolts, hacks and fools that are being threatened will unite to impede anything Trump might be trying to do.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: Trump%2B-%2BSinking%2BShip.jpg]
Minimalist's blood pressure will go through the roof...
Keeping an open mind until after January 20th. Can't tell much of anything right now.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(November 16, 2016 at 12:38 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Anything legislative is going to be handled 'business as usual' in the congress, and realize each and every bill is going to be subject to all manner of additional pork as the 'pubs there are going to get while the gettin' is good.  Now, how much of this crapola can Trump stand, especially in view of his campaign promises to 'drain the swamp' ?   Idunno but it will be hysterical if Trump has to veto some key legislation he championed because Congressman Fecalsucker want's a new interstate hiway in his district  and stuck it in the bill.

The idea of Trump draining the swamp is hilarious.  Have you seen who he's putting on his team?  Basically a bunch of gators and mosquitoes.  He's not going to drain the swamp, he's going to make it swampier.  And his acolytes will eat it up because they think the swamp is just Democrats.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
What's going to happen is utterly unpredictable because Trump has zero experience in being an elected official. And because of that, he's probably going to be a puppet of the people around him. When something serious happens, and you don't know what the fuck to do, you look to those around who do at least claim to know what to do.

So who's around him?

Reance Priebus (biggest douchebag name ever conceived of in the English language).
Stephen Bannon (fucking seriously)
Newt Gingrich (!)
Rudy Giuliani (!!)
Sarah Palin (No, fucking seriously)

And now apparently he's got some of the kind-hearted folks from Goldman Sachs coming into help.

So take those ingredients, throw it into some boiling water, and let's see what that shit-stew smells like.

Our best hope is mass infighting, which causes paralysis, and basically nothing gets done for the next four years. Outside of that, who fucking knows?
Newt Gingrich is our last hope!

I didn't think I'd ever say that Tongue
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 16, 2016 at 3:19 am)Opoponax Wrote: What's going to happen is utterly unpredictable because Trump has zero experience in being an elected official. And because of that, he's probably going to be a puppet of the people around him. When something serious happens, and you don't know what the fuck to do, you look to those around who do at least claim to know what to do.

So who's around him?

Reance Priebus (biggest douchebag name ever conceived of in the English language).
Stephen Bannon (fucking seriously)
Newt Gingrich (!)
Rudy Giuliani (!!)
Sarah Palin (No, fucking seriously)

And now apparently he's got some of the kind-hearted folks from Goldman Sachs coming into help.

So take those ingredients, throw it into some boiling water, and let's see what that shit-stew smells like.

Our best hope is mass infighting, which causes paralysis, and basically nothing gets done for the next four years. Outside of that, who fucking knows?

Stand your ground ... there's a shit-storm a-brewin'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the 2022 Midterm predictions! Jehanne 167 13655 December 25, 2022 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1561 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Carl Sagan's predictions Spongebob 2 231 September 22, 2021 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Which Trump will be next on the ticket? Fake Messiah 13 804 January 22, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1681 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1789 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  80 years.. WinterHold 45 1545 August 23, 2020 at 6:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nukes: post your imagined scenario of the next war WinterHold 46 3299 February 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  My predictions for 2019 & 2020. Jehanne 17 2014 November 13, 2018 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Joods
  Maybe Kavanaugh will be the next liberal SCOTUS judge?? Jehanne 10 1371 October 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist