Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schindler's List and the mind of Drumpf
Schindler's List and the mind of Drumpf
Now again, at this point in history no, that asshole cannot repeat Germany, but it is still apt to attach his tactics to the hyper nationalism and vile scapegoating and demagoguery to his mind.

I was bullied as a kid, I had no friends and my only interaction was with bullies. I did not have my first real friend until highschool.

Trump reminds me of the scene in tha movie where Oscar is trying to teach tolerance to the sick Nazi camp commander. He gets pissed at an innocent boy who didn't service the horse the Nazi owned properly. Later the sick fuck still ends up shooting the poor kid.

I am NOT joking in the slightest making that connection. No the government is not here in the same way no. But someone with no filter and no self control who was taught IN REALITY  to win at all costs, was never taught to value empathy for others outside his family. TRUMP'S DAD hated failure and only liked "killers" in his business dealings. Trump and his brother were berated and put down when they didn't win. That verbal abuse is what we see now. 

I can speak to this, because I lived on street full of assholes whom, when I was weak or cried or failed insulted me and even beat me up. Trump is Biff from Back To The Future. He is the jocks from Revenge Of The Nerds, but that mindset now is in our highest office with the power of the CIA and SS and control over weapons. 

The problem isn't that Trump will have the power to murder people like that camp commander.  But he has IN REALITY set a very abusive tone in politics, that if EITHER party sees "win at all costs" which is what Trump was taught, long term that will erode our open society. It still remains he has set a VERY DARK TONE with the way he has won. 

This is NOT sour grapes on my part. I am really getting sick of some here trying to claim that.
RE: Schindler's List and the mind of Drumpf
Preach on, brotha Brian!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 21, 2016 at 11:25 am)Faith No More Wrote: Preach on, brotha Brian!

Um no. It is NOT preaching. It is a playbook history has seen prior. 

Any sane psychiatrist worth their weight can explain the behaviors of sociopaths and bullies. Now, in the west, most don't end up so harmful as to destroy social order. But mental abuse of a kid doesn't have to be physical abuse. There is a PBS documentary of his early life with interviews of his family and friends and those who knew his dad too. His dad was abusive period. Trump's brother ended up cutting ties with them for the most part because he could not understand why their dad hated the common middle class worker. 

Trump's brother ended up becoming a commercial pilot, and his dad thought that was beneath the family name like being a lowly bus driver. Trump was never taught the value of the worker beyond his ability to manipulate them like his dad did.

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365848966/
(November 21, 2016 at 11:16 am)Brian37 Wrote: I was bullied as a kid, I had no friends and my only interaction was with bullies. I did not have my first real friend until highschool.

I am very sorry to hear this Brian...  Sad
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 21, 2016 at 11:50 am)Brian37 Wrote: Um no. It is NOT preaching. It is a playbook history has seen prior. 

Any sane psychiatrist worth their weight can explain the behaviors of sociopaths and bullies. Now, in the west, most don't end up so harmful as to destroy social order. But mental abuse of a kid doesn't have to be physical abuse. There is a PBS documentary of his early life with interviews of his family and friends and those who knew his dad too. His dad was abusive period. Trump's brother ended up cutting ties with them for the most part because he could not understand why their dad hated the common middle class worker. 

Trump's brother ended up becoming a commercial pilot, and his dad thought that was beneath the family name like being a lowly bus driver. Trump was never taught the value of the worker beyond his ability to manipulate them like his dad did.

You're a warrior!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 21, 2016 at 11:52 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(November 21, 2016 at 11:16 am)Brian37 Wrote: I was bullied as a kid, I had no friends and my only interaction was with bullies. I did not have my first real friend until highschool.

I am very sorry to hear this Brian...  Sad

I will tell you this. If I had been taller and bigger and had had more testosterone, with what was done to me by others I could have ended up like him. Some boys/men lack that self introspection and add abuse to that, boom, you end up with abusers as adults, and that abuse does not have to be physical. 

I was very self destructive as a teen. And even to this day I have deep anxiety and trust issues because of that bullying.

The world DOES NOT need more assholes like Trump.
This should be fun.
(November 21, 2016 at 11:59 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(November 21, 2016 at 11:50 am)Brian37 Wrote: Um no. It is NOT preaching. It is a playbook history has seen prior. 

You're a warrior!

Stop being stupid and trying to marginalize this issue as if I am the only one concerned. I AM NOT a "warrior". Sounding an alarm is not an over reaction or pretending to be something I am not.

He has a very real past the way he was raised that has shaped the way he thinks. He is a sociopath, and not just a sociopath, but one who was raised with a father that DID NOT teach him empathy for others outside his own family. He has taken that abusive mentality and applied it to business and now politics.

Your ignorant marginalizing me as if I was the only one reacting is not only stupid, but dangerous. If you cannot see fit to understand you are not just marginalizing what I went through, you are also marginalizing what our LGBT friends have gone through and other minorities like Hispanics and blacks and Muslim refugees.

NO I am NOT a warrior. Trump is the asshole who thinks Jerry Springer is good politics and thinks everyone wants to be him and that somehow he is John Wayne.
The way I see it is that Trump has dug a very deep hole for himself. He made a lot of promises to bring about a neo-fascist state that his racist supporters are hoping to see, where Mexicans, Muslims, and perhaps even Jews are kicked out of the country, gay people are forced back into the closet, and build a huge freaking wall along our southern border. So the way I see it is that he either ignores all those racist campaign promises (not like he can legally do all that anyway and the wall would ruin the economy) and face the wrath of the people who voted for him, or he tries to push through this agenda and faces the wrath of everyone else who doesn't want to see a fascist, pseudo-Nazi regime rule the country.

Of course, when he fails to bring back factory jobs he's not going to be real popular with his supporters anyway.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 21, 2016 at 12:17 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: The way I see it is that Trump has dug a very deep hole for himself.  He made a lot of promises to bring about a neo-fascist state that his racist supporters are hoping to see, where Mexicans, Muslims, and perhaps even Jews are kicked out of the country, gay people are forced back into the closet, and build a huge freaking wall along our southern border.  So the way I see it is that he either ignores all those racist campaign promises (not like he can legally do all that anyway and the wall would ruin the economy) and face the wrath of the people who voted for him, or he tries to push through this agenda and faces the wrath of everyone else who doesn't want to see a fascist, pseudo-Nazi regime rule the country.

Of course, when he fails to bring back factory jobs he's not going to be real popular with his supporters anyway.

To be fair, I don't think he ever "made any promises" to kick all Mexicans, Muslims, and Jews out of the country. Neither did he say anything about gay people having to go back in the closet.

I think if we want Trump supporters to take us seriously we have to at least be honest and accurate.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The WLB Changes His Mind. Or Not. Minimalist 1 541 April 12, 2018 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New mind about terrorism: useful terrorism A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 11 1265 December 4, 2017 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It is Simply Mind-Boggling Minimalist 0 328 October 7, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is There Any Drumpf Appointee Who Doesn't Have Putin's Dick Up His Ass? Minimalist 34 7793 March 4, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  CPAC and Russia and Drumpf, Oh My! Minimalist 9 1689 February 25, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Poor Drumpf..The Nazis Are Coming Home To Roost Minimalist 34 4946 January 14, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Stephen Colbert Works Over Drumpf Minimalist 0 764 January 12, 2017 at 10:58 am
  Drumpf Rapidly Crossing the Line Between Minimalist 33 7582 January 3, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Oh, Poor Drumpf... Minimalist 4 1279 December 26, 2016 at 7:59 pm
  Maybe People Are Simply Too Smart To Work For Drumpf? Minimalist 4 1382 December 22, 2016 at 9:22 pm