Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glad we cut that corner
Glad we cut that corner
At least we didn't elect a brown shitstain for president. The general elections will be the next hurdle.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38202669

Quote:Although the post is ceremonial in Austria, the poll had been seen as a sign of how well populist candidates might do elsewhere in Europe.

Which isn't a right evaluation. According to the constitution the office holds as many powers as the French president. The former presidents just didn't make use of them.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Glad we cut that corner
(December 4, 2016 at 2:12 pm)abaris Wrote: At least we didn't elect a brown shitstain for president. The general elections will be the next hurdle.

I think "orange" is a better color to use for that sentence
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
did you know:

orange and brown are the same color?

saturation is different, that's about it . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Interesting fact. In my country it really was about education. Only 22 percent above (the equivalent of) highschool diploma voted for the rightwinger.
(December 4, 2016 at 3:38 pm)abaris Wrote: Interesting fact. In my country it really was about education. Only 22 percent above (the equivalent of) highschool diploma voted for the rightwinger.

That was essentially true in the US too:

FiveThirtyEight: Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote for Trump

Too bad our education system sucks...
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(December 4, 2016 at 2:18 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(December 4, 2016 at 2:12 pm)abaris Wrote: At least we didn't elect a brown shitstain for president. The general elections will be the next hurdle.

I think "orange" is a better color to use for that sentence

Austria has to be the one country in the world that should be cut some slack on that.  They know about fascists.
(December 4, 2016 at 5:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Austria has to be the one country in the world that should be cut some slack on that.  They know about fascists.

As should Germany. Which has a much more stable and constructive democracy and party structure. We're more along the lines of Italy.

Here's another interesting bit. Urban vs rural. The blue regions fell to the rightwinger. The green ones to the green candidate. Van der Bellen was leader of the Green party, although now he ran as an independent.

OK, for some reasons I can't link to the graphic. That's the link that should take you there.

http://orf.at/wahl/bp16/#globus
I'm glad to know that some people in the world can still use their brains.
Go Austria!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2635 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut Neo-Scholastic 64 5318 February 4, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Taco trucks on every corner" warns Latinos For Trump ReptilianPeon 34 2709 September 5, 2016 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm Glad I'm Not In Iowa Minimalist 3 2006 April 11, 2015 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Cato
  Why we need to cut down on using the word 'racist' FlyingNarwhal 17 8927 June 2, 2013 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Republicans cut short Obama impersonator downbeatplumb 6 1949 June 21, 2011 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Spat's Liberal Propoganda Corner HeyItsZeus 0 939 May 29, 2011 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus