Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open letter to Bibi/Isreal/Palestine OP/ED
Open letter to Bibi/Isreal/Palestine OP/ED
Dear Israel, Palestine

Let those of us on the other side of the pond dispel a huge myth. But before I start, would it be fair to say, even there you have differences in economic and political views? If yes, then do understand it is possible for liberals to value Israel as a nation without liking every individual politician. Just like you'd accept not everyone liked Bush when he was president, and not everyone liked Obama when he was president. 

Dear Palestine,

Let those of us on the other side of the pond dispel a huge myth. But before I start, would it be fair to say, you have kids like Israel has kids, like Americans have kids? Yes, and just like you saw in the letter to Israel it is possible to have differences. Not all of us value an "all or nothing" mentality. But do know for both you and Israel it is much harder for either to see beyond the violence hurled at each other because you are so close to each other.

Dear Israel, AND Palestine

Please take my advice as American who knows my own history, and accept the transgressions of our past. And for a second, think simply like a neighbor, and I would advise Palestine to do the same.

If someone attacks you it is a natural reaction to fight back. To hide behind labels is a cop out. Both of you really want to believe you somehow are magically a separate species, but the truth is you are not. 

It is easy to get caught up in violence in the moment. It is far harder as a result to view the "other" as a fellow human being. But that is what all 7 billion of us are on this planet.

Now, my advice for ALL THREE RELIGIONS, Christianity, Islam and Jewish, is to stop avoiding the root cause of all this. I have debated over the years all sides and the arguments are all the same. It  is hard to see when you are not an outside observer like me who has no horse in the race.

Well I do, but not that I chose a religion or a boarder, but in that your fighting ON BOTH sides has the potential to suck the entire planet into something most sane humans SHOULD NOT WANT, a Nuclear war.

Christians and Muslims and Jews, please, STOP hiding behind words like ethic, culture, race, nationalism. It is about religion and I am tired of all three being in denial of it. 

Jews/Muslims?Christians. Israel AND Palestine, unless you all accept that our species has a common past, and that our planet is much older than any of the three of you, and unless you accept that the danger of putting a tribe above non violence, you will not have more peaceful conflict resolution.

No Bibi, I do not like you, anymore than I like Muslims that want to wipe Israel off the map, anymore than I like our KKK in America.

Dear Palestine/Israel 

Stop ignoring the cause of all this. Stop seeking the biggest brawn warmongers on any side. Conflict resolution is hard, violence is easy. Stop thinking about adult beefs on any side, and ALL OF YOU think about what kind of world you want to leave to your kids, humans in every nation have kids.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 878 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  An Open Letter to Congress Secular Elf 14 933 March 4, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Open borders onlinebiker 263 14572 August 14, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Amarok
Lightbulb The problem of palestine! zainab 26 2009 July 2, 2019 at 3:42 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Open Letter to Speaker Paul Ryan....... Brian37 8 2311 October 20, 2017 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Republicunt Bullshit Artists Come Out In The Open Minimalist 16 2533 August 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Open Letter to Sean Spicer/political demagoguery. Brian37 0 1045 April 12, 2017 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Can someone help me? I'm trying to open my mind to new ideas about Refugees DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 100 11021 November 30, 2015 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Tough Shit, Bibi Minimalist 7 1448 April 2, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Bibi Natanyahu goes for a new low Davka 12 2646 January 15, 2015 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus