Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correlation does not equal causation
Correlation does not equal causation
As evidenced by these spurious correlations:

http://tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

My favourite one:

RE: Correlation does not equal causation
Of course this chart is bullshit. We already know that people really drown themselves after Adam Sandler releases a film.
and Stephen Baldwin . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 11, 2017 at 1:24 pm)Jesster Wrote: Of course this chart is bullshit. We already know that people really drown themselves after Adam Sandler releases a film.

The sad thing is the wedding singer is one of my favourite films so he can do good work but chooses not to.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 11, 2017 at 2:38 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(January 11, 2017 at 1:24 pm)Jesster Wrote: Of course this chart is bullshit. We already know that people really drown themselves after Adam Sandler releases a film.

The sad thing is the wedding singer is one of my favourite films so he can do good work but chooses not to.

TBH I'm rather excited for his next movie:

(January 8, 2017 at 6:51 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(January 8, 2017 at 6:49 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Fart is poop flavored air

That should be a movie title.

Another Adam Sandler one I reckon.
Who the hell murders by steam?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 11, 2017 at 2:38 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Watch him in Reign Over Me. Might be his best performance as an actor.
(January 11, 2017 at 4:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Who the hell murders by steam?

[Image: thomasDM2407_468x377.jpg]
(January 11, 2017 at 4:40 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(January 11, 2017 at 2:38 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: The sad thing is the wedding singer is one of my favourite films so he can do good work but chooses not to.

Watch him in Reign Over Me. Might be his best performance as an actor.

Not heard of that one.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

OP/Title, yes it does. Everything is relative. Look harder.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Does/Does Not Offend You? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 6392 December 22, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  One Does Not Simply... thesummerqueen 7 1865 October 21, 2011 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  In what age did you find out god does not exis? TheReligiousAtheist 28 5666 April 25, 2011 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  Response to Arcanus - "Do Homosexuals have equal rights" theVOID 43 12621 December 8, 2010 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Have women achieved equal status to men yet? andrewmoquin 7 7674 July 20, 2009 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Dotard