Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaugherhouse
Slaugherhouse
Watched my first video about animal slaughter. That's one of the most horrible things I saw in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPGIMCmp...verified=1
RE: Slaugherhouse
I just take the fact that I'm vegetarian as the excuse never to watch anything like that.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Got a tour of one in undergrad as part of a nutrition class. From the gun to the grind to the package.

Put me off meat for about 8 hours.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Oh that's nothing. Try reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.
(January 16, 2017 at 4:57 pm)Jesster Wrote: Oh that's nothing. Try reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

If I remember right that was one of the "required" in jr. high. History I think, trust busting/union period.
(January 16, 2017 at 5:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(January 16, 2017 at 4:57 pm)Jesster Wrote: Oh that's nothing. Try reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

If I remember right that was one of the "required" in jr. high. History I think, trust busting/union period.

Yeah, it's required in some schools. It was never required for me, but I read it anyway. It's a fictional, yet accurate, historical perspective of immigration and slaughterhouses. Good stuff.
I had slaughtered (or helped to slaughter) something more than 1000 animals before I was 17. Didn't put me off meat.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
One put me onto Valerie Perrine.
Slaughtering of animals should be put back in the churches where it belongs.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I tried making an all-vegan meal once, but there just wasn't enough meat on them.