Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planned Parenthood Prenatal Care (Rebuttal)
Planned Parenthood Prenatal Care (Rebuttal)
So there's a new video that purports to show that Planned Parenthood does not offer prenatal care / prenatal services despite claiming to do so. In the video they show recordings of women calling up Planned Parenthood clinics and asking about prenatal services. As you would expect from a video with a clear agenda, they aren't able to find a clinic that offers it, claiming to have called 97 clinics.

However what they have clearly done is cherry picked clinics that they presumably knew did not support prenatal care and called those. Luckily there is a handy Google search you can perform to find clinics which do offer prenatal care / services:

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=...ervices%22

My wife called up a local clinic which didn't list prenatal services on their website, but instead of being rebuked, told that the "Planned Parenthood" name is "deceiving", or told that they only do abortions, she was instead given a referral hotline for clinics / hospitals in the area that offer prenatal services.
RE: Planned Parenthood Prenatal Care (Rebuttal)
It's sad when some are so against planned parenthood that they are willing to lie and get the other stuff they help out with defunded regardless of ones position on abortion
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I thought they only sold fetal body parts?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(January 24, 2017 at 4:08 pm)Orochi Wrote: It's sad when some are so against planned parenthood that they are willing to lie and get the other stuff they help out with defunded regardless of ones position on abortion

They've been champing at the bit to defund planned parenthood for a long time. So long as those babies aren't aborted, the pro-lifers are quite content to throw them (and women seeking needed services) out with the bathwater -- and just in time to coincide with the elimination of the ACA. It's the end game of conservative bullshit artists masquerading as pro-life advocates to gain public support for their small government, fuck the working poor ethos.

(January 24, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I thought they only sold fetal body parts?

They used to. Then KFC and Hardees had to source their meat overseas due to rising costs.
(January 24, 2017 at 4:08 pm)Orochi Wrote: It's sad when some are so against planned parenthood that they are willing to lie and get the other stuff they help out with defunded regardless of ones position on abortion

Same goes for anything where people with an agenda distort reality for propaganda. (Don't ask Jeremy Corbyn about seats on trains...)
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
I've seen the video you are referring to.

I'm part of a group on facebook (New Wave Feminists) who are doing their own little investigation to figure out the legitimacy of that video and whether a 92:5 ratio is at all accurate. I'm glad they are taking the time to look into this rather than just taking it for its word only because it supports their narrative.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Sad?  It's a staple of conservatardism.

I agree.

Yep. Even if they have a legitimate point, the fact that they have to lie to make it totally undermines the credibility of everything they're trying to say. Just as with creationism and other agenda-driven bandwagons, they shoot themselves in the balls and don't even realise it. As you say, sad.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 24, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I thought they only sold fetal body parts?

Come on now, you have to say it the FOX News way:  "dead baby body parts!"  (Whilst looking aghast and physically ill)   Big Grin
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 1995 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And TheTrumptard Will Still Not Care.... Minimalist 8 1044 August 1, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1831 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
Question Coveny’s plan for health care Coveny 54 9765 October 21, 2017 at 11:21 am
  Ann Coulter Reminds the WLB That His Racist Fans Don't Care About Tax Cuts Minimalist 29 6715 September 1, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Nobody dies because they don't have access to health care. Jehanne 29 6143 May 11, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump threatens to send troops into Mexico to take care of the "bad hombres" Aegon 23 5966 February 12, 2017 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually Aegon 73 9502 January 26, 2017 at 3:18 pm
  Naturally. The Fuckers Only Care About The Second Amendment. Minimalist 14 1935 December 10, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Paul Ryan's Republicunt Health Care Vision Minimalist 2 859 April 28, 2016 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: abaris