Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody into Industrial and/or Goth?
Anybody into Industrial and/or Goth?
I'm into Industrial (well post-Industrial to be specific) and Goth (mostly Dark Wave), Is anybody else here into that stuff?
BTW I also make my own Electronic Industrial tracks.

here's one of my favorite tracks of all time, maybe the best Electro-Industrial  tracks ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyXi-Obq...ThezH319Dg
RE: Anybody into Industrial and/or Goth?
I have a friend who is absolutely obsessed with the Cure and listens to it so loudly on her headphones that every time I hear Robert Smith's voice I cringe. She also loves Lebanon Hanover

The closest I get to that is dark electronic. I've listened to some industrial but not much
The closest I get to gothic is dark metal a la Celtic Frost and Triptykon,

the closest thing I get to industrial is Industrial metal such as Fear Factory.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Alex,That Triptykon track was pretty cool. I do listen to Fear Factory sometimes.

When I say Industrial I'm referring to pretty much all Post Industrial. There's really not a whole lot of just plain Industrial being made anymore.
Maybe Velvet Acid Christ made some tracks that were just plain Industrial.

Vic, I like the Cure but I more often listen to BlutEngel.
I definiely like the dressing style but I would never dress that way. Except for a long coat. Those are badass. But coats can be used with suits.
The very first gig I went to was fear factory in Manchester in the 90s.  I forgot what year. 

I've seen Marilyn Manson a couple of times at leeds and in manchester.

I used to love gothic style and gothic girls when I was a teenager but now I'm a hardened, self aware, 32 year old who's soul has been crushed multiple times yearly since I turned 20 and I just see being gothic the same as any other vanity driven fashion trend.  Except you replace all the colours you used to wear with black or white.

Plus south mark making fun of it hasn't helped the goth scene much either I imagine.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Paul I'm mostly into the music, I'm more into Industrial though. It's probably just as well the Industrial music I make is nothing to write home about. It would take a genius to make my un-marketable appearance into a marketable one.
As far as I've been able to tell, I was pretty much the sole industrial fan until now.  People here do seem to like different industrial groups and songs, but I haven't found anyone that's really a fan of the genre.  We've got lots of metalheads but no industrial fans.

I'm mostly into industrial rock(don't care for goth/dark wave) and prefer the stuff from the 90's and after.  The pre-90's stuff's okay, but I think the best stuff by far came after that.  I know he's controversial for a lot of industrial fans because he breached the mainstream with and underground genre, but I still think Trent Reznor is the god of industrial.  I also like the earlier KMFDM, Pigface, Front242, Ministry has some good stuff, Meat Beat Manifesto, and Stabbing Westward.  Not a huge fan of Skinny Puppy, but I really like Ohgr's solo stuff.  I went through a Velvet Acid Christ phase, but his songs tend to sound the same due to him overusing the same effects all of the time.  Anglespit has some decent stuff, too.

You know who's extremely underrated when it comes to industrial?  David Bowie.  He had a phase in the 90's where he did a couple of industrial albums and even toured with NIN.

And here's Trent stalking Bowie.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I grew up partly in the early 90s and was heavy into the "old school" industrial and more-so EBM. Stuff like Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Frontline Assembly (before they went ambient), Portion Control, etc etc etc...
I'm not, but I wanted to say welcome to the forum Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metallica - Moth Into Flame, my thoughts Mechaghostman2 25 4786 September 29, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  For those into Hip Hop / Rap Brian37 18 4076 January 27, 2016 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Eseka
  Turning Sam Harris into music. Golbez 2 831 December 30, 2012 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Golbez
  Anybody want a signature? MilesTailsPrower 4 993 September 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Cinjin