Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help on info regarding a rare blood disease
I need help on info regarding a rare blood disease
Hello all,

My question falls under genetics and 'haemo' medicine i think  Smile . I know someone, whose daughter, young, got a rare blood condition, a first one in millions.

It's called TTP (Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura). This is the 'latest model' of the ITP (Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura) Hilarious .

She takes chemotherapy on a daily basis, and is under ICU. ICU is bloody expensive here, more so chemotherapy.

It's the first time I heard of this rare disease called TTP, and has something to do with internal hemorrhages (blood clots in vessels inside the body) due to low blood platelet count (wbc and cbc).

She's under 'paralyzed' state atm, and takes all kindsa meds and treatments......but very expensive. I lost contact with the family, but it's a crazy situation, so, does anyone know more about the disease and what her condition is life ?

Best,
yasalam

Edit: It's been more than a month, so I think financing is rather important than information. But information would be appreciated Smile
RE: I need help on info regarding a rare blood disease
I do not have the ability to link right now but if you type in TTP Support Group you will find groups that provide education, fellowship, and other resources.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The poor girl... Sad

I have no info to offer, but I hope you find some.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(February 1, 2017 at 7:19 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I do not have the ability to link right now but if you type in TTP Support Group you will find groups that provide education, fellowship, and other resources.

Dude, a support group ? It's been a month already! Jeez, I have no idea what a support group can do. You sure about this ?

Answeringttp.org ?
(February 1, 2017 at 7:22 pm)yasalam Wrote:
(February 1, 2017 at 7:19 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I do not have the ability to link right now but if you type in TTP Support Group you will find groups that provide education, fellowship, and other resources.

Dude, a support group ? It's been a month already! Jeez, I have no idea what a support group can do. You sure about this ?

Answeringttp.org ?

If you have lost touch with them then perhaps you don't need a support group. But if you tnink they do then pass it on.

(February 1, 2017 at 7:21 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: The poor girl... Sad

I have no info to offer, but I hope you find some.

Funny, everyone on this forum happens to be mr./mrs. know-it-all, until a real case scenario comes in play. lol jk. Anyone can chip in info ? Or recommend any institution or doctor ?

(February 1, 2017 at 7:26 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(February 1, 2017 at 7:22 pm)yasalam Wrote: Dude, a support group ? It's been a month already! Jeez, I have no idea what a support group can do. You sure about this ?

Answeringttp.org ?

If you have lost touch with them then perhaps you don't need a support group. But if you tnink they do then pass it on.

*think

Sure, will pass it on.

It's actually pretty, fucking crazy  Hilarious .
Why are you on an atheist forum soliciting medical advice/information?

This does not smell right.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 1, 2017 at 7:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Why are you on an atheist forum soliciting medical advice/information?

This does not smell right.

Errrmmm.......coz atheist are intellect ? From Plato to richard dawkins ?

And doctors are made of intellects ? Hilarious

I was also in the forum before......Just had negative feedbacks

I'm also an agnostic theist ?
Are you asking for advice or just using a young womans misfortune as an excuse to stir up shit?

We're not intellects or hipsters or any of that swine, any more than you are. Also, Chimp was giving you good advise, and you kind of snapped at him. Not sure what that's about.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I cut back on salt since I have high blood pressure? FlatAssembler 14 827 December 26, 2023 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Who will be closest regarding what life James Webb finds. highdimensionman 35 3126 May 24, 2022 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Negro Disease. redpill 78 8729 December 12, 2019 at 1:49 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Making and using acellular blood vessels, it's pretty damn cool! brewer 1 410 May 31, 2019 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pregnant blood kills men! brewer 7 1103 October 26, 2017 at 7:15 am
Last Post: chimp3
  A correction regarding my views on survivors guilt vorlon13 4 680 September 28, 2017 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Metazoa Info redux Duke Guilmon 18 2829 July 30, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Duke Guilmon
  Ethics Project - Need Help Heat 2 787 April 30, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Bug Metazoa info Duke Guilmon 137 48530 January 10, 2016 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Duke Guilmon
  Woman cured of disease by DNA mutation downbeatplumb 9 2145 February 9, 2015 at 3:43 am
Last Post: Lucanus