Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you into mathematics? Do you have any cake?
Are you into mathematics? Do you have any cake?
Question 1. You have a plate. There is no cake in that plate. You cut the cake that isn't in that plate into two. What is in your plate now?

Question 2. You have a plate. There is a cake in that plate. You do absolutely nothing to that cake. What is in your plate now?
RE: Are you into mathematics? Do you have any cake?
(February 8, 2017 at 9:22 am)pool the great Wrote: Question 1. You have a plate. There is no cake in that plate. You cut the cake that isn't in that plate into two. What is in your plate now?

Question 2. You have a plate. There is a cake in that plate. You do absolutely nothing to that cake. What is in your plate now?

1. Cocaine

2. Cake
1. Bacteria, dead skin cells, The Void and dust mites
2. All of the above + cake
[Image: 1485876000-20170131.png]
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Therefore Jesus was crucified once, twice. I'm surprised none of our resident christers were able to explain it that clearly.

So I see there is one less piece of crucial weirdness in the Bible today . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 8, 2017 at 9:22 am)pool the great Wrote: Question 1. You have a plate. There is no cake in that plate. You cut the cake that isn't in that plate into two. What is in your plate now?

Is that a trick question to fool the insurance company?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

So much for my contributions. Vic wins the thread.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(February 8, 2017 at 10:13 am)Vic Wrote: 1. Bacteria, dead skin cells, The Void and dust mites
2. All of the above + cake

Maybe there is a cake composed of virtual particles on the first plate, just waiting for a massive input of energy to be actualized ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

1. A Cheeto that looks like Harambe.

2. Cakety cake cake.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Question 1. You have a plate. There is no cake in that plate. You cut the cake that isn't in that plate into two. What is in your plate now?

0/2 = 0

Everybody answered correct! Yay!

Quote:Question 2. You have a plate. There is a cake in that plate. You do absolutely nothing to that cake. What is in your plate now?

2/0 = undefined

But everybody answered: 2/0 = 2.

Hmm... I wonder why that is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Studying Mathematics Thread GrandizerII 221 20654 November 19, 2018 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Can you cut a cake fairly to solve this middle school math problem? Whateverist 82 13692 August 7, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Is mathematics discovered, developed, or both? Macoleco 26 3661 December 3, 2016 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Can mathematics act causally? Freedom of thought 6 2357 May 30, 2014 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Imaginary friends of mathematics. Anymouse 6 4595 March 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: mannaka
  Mathematics and the Universe Purple Rabbit 77 30452 January 10, 2009 at 6:27 am
Last Post: DD_8630
  Indeterminism in mathematics josef rosenkranz 9 6626 September 27, 2008 at 11:20 am
Last Post: josef rosenkranz