Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oprah is coming to Australia
Oprah is coming to Australia
It has been announced that Oprah is coming to Australia. Keeping her company will be an audience of 300 plus support staff of 150.

Knee jerk reaction:WOW!

Ten seconds later: That's going to cost a fortune. I wonder who is paying;it won't be Oprah, she'll MAKE money.

Seems I was right. In this morning's paper, QANTAS and RM Williams are forking out $3 million. (tax deductible) plus the Dept of tourism is coming to the party. There will almost certainly also be endless free promotional shit for the audience,all of which will be filmed.-- 300 poor dumb bastards are flying 12,000 miles cattle class for the privilege of being exploited...

Oprah is a class act.
RE: Oprah is coming to Australia
I don't live in Australia, but if I did... I'd pay for Oprah to stay OUT of the country.

She may be popular for the fact that she's insanely rich, and well known... and her "staff" does quite a lot of good stuff. But on the other hand, if you have ever personally met Oprah, or if you ever have views that go against hers, good luck having a reasonable conversation with her. She tends to do a lot of good things, but I also wish at the same time, that she would stop promoting woo-woos on her show, and spend the same time investing in having guests on her show that could probably do a heck of a lot more good than harm.

She tends to sacrifice "what's right" and replaces it, "With what people want to see and expect from her."

Not sure if my rant was totally off topic or not, but you mentioned Oprah... and well, I just had to start typing... >_>
I like the way you think!
...But please stop thinking, it's not you.
I thought her puzzlement here was amusing:

“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
(September 18, 2010 at 1:14 am)Entropist Wrote: I thought her puzzlement here was amusing:

Pretty much that last bit is the exact thing I'm talking about when I have issues with Oprah. Especially the VERY last part where Oprah tries to say that one of the women there was extremely religious... Which, whether the woman said so off-camera or not, is aside the fact, however Oprah has been known for lying or editing things HER way quite often. Given this, I'd be more willing to believe Oprah added that in afterward, and the woman mentioned no such thing.

The best part of that video is where the women explain how they're happy with their lives, but aren't religious. Oprah's like, "Wait what? I AM TEH PUZZLED!"
I like the way you think!
...But please stop thinking, it's not you.
Oprah has long given me the impression of being as cunning and ruthless as an outhouse rat, with the depth of a petrie dish and sincerity of a crocodile.

The West Australian tourism board is offering her circus $100,000 to come to Perth.

I hope they say no.

You can just imagine my excitement at the thought of her coming here.

GTFO
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I wish our (tax payers) money would go to something better, like make a wish foundation or Pakistan. Im really annoyed that I have to pay for Oprah to stay in Australia, is she too poor or something?

Oh well, state goverment (Labour) is going to get the boot next state election!
Quote:The West Australian tourism board is offering her circus $100,000 to come to Perth.

I hope they say no.

You can just imagine my excitement at the thought of her coming here.

Are you Aussie mate?
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
(September 18, 2010 at 9:18 am)solja247 Wrote: Are you Aussie mate?

Yes
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Quote:Yes

Half Aussie if you are from WA! Tongue

Nah im kidding. Its good to see another Aussie!
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
(September 18, 2010 at 9:37 am)solja247 Wrote:
Quote:Yes

Half Aussie if you are from WA! Tongue

Nah im kidding. Its good to see another Aussie!

Actually Victorian.

Padraic and Kichi gai Necko are also Australian.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming upon a smashed $70K truck. Jehanne 6 662 December 26, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2902 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  You knew this thread was coming. Foxaèr 42 3242 October 21, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The zombies are coming! Foxaèr 18 1991 May 21, 2018 at 10:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Coming to America Cyberman 49 4179 January 13, 2018 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Australia Haipule 42 6338 December 18, 2017 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Haipule
Photo Record Temperatures in Australia Firefighter01 37 4184 February 13, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What to wear in Australia KUSA 151 12624 May 29, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  WHy Australia Is A Disgrace BrianSoddingBoru4 5 1101 February 6, 2016 at 7:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
Exclamation Eat Lamb this Australia Day Aractus 28 2866 January 20, 2016 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Aractus